Jaguar Corporate Lack of Communication - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar Corporate Lack of Communication

I just posted this to the Jaguar Advisory Board. I pray someone from Jaguar reads and takes action:

Hi Joe from JLR. In short I LOVE the car, but WHY WHY WHY is communication from Jaquar to its customers so completely horrible. Despite message boards, this forum etc there is not one single acknowledgement never mind a "fix" plan from Jaguar about the infotainment sluggishness. Every single customer has commented on it but No one from Jaguar (yourself included) has acknowledged the problem and informed us (your dedicated customers) of a plan or path to repair.

You asked in another post why Tesla and Apple has a such a cult following, and it all has to do with communication and not the quality of the cars. Implement some real communication with your customer base (this literally could be a single person) to answer questions or to at least acknowledge that you are working on fixes and improvements and you would see a vast change in the way us customer perceive the brand and out loyalty.

Instead we get deaf silence and no acknowledgement of our frustrations, That leads to distrust and frustration. I would happier if just a single Jaguar representative said, "Yes we know we have a problem, and we are looking for a solution. We will get back to you as son as we know when we might have a solution soon."

Instead we get crickets of silence. Think about that if it was your customer experience. Silence is NOT an option for good customer satisfaction!!
sflgator, epirali, ryzvy and 2 others like this.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 02:43 PM

Unfortunately, they don't care much. They don't pay any attention to online Forums for specific brands and specific models. Even if you called JLR-NA and filed a formal complaint, nobody will call or e-mail you from JLR-NA in response nor will anything really be done to fix the problem. Eh hem...still friggin' waiting for OTA software updates almost 1 year after receiving I-Pace...nothing...not available. Car's Infotainment system still shuts down and restarts out of nowhere and when it's working, it's all painfully slow as you said. No fixes, no real good software updates to address these issues, and now we all have a Mfgr Recall to deal with this Summer for a serious problem with the Regen Braking (although I personally haven't received any notice about this even though I read the article online just like many or most who drive an I-Pace).

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:33 PM

The only reason I know about the recall is through this forum! I was never contacted by JLR and when I spoke with my salesman he said he'd just learned about the recall that day yet it was posted in this forum weeks before. I still haven't received notification from JLR. It's unacceptable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Personally I think the recall is a Non issue, issued apparently over an abundance of caution. It is basically if you aren't paying attention to your braking you might be surprised. Boo Hoo.

Despite that the biggest issue to me is Jaguar's lack of customer contact.

ARE YOU LISTENING Jaguar. You brand could easily surpass Tesla in customer commitment if you just communicated with your customer base!!!!

Crickets

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:59 PM

Re: Per NHTSA filing, the communication was to start next month. OTOH, I got my recall notice letter today. I got the recall done last week.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 04:19 PM

Hi All

I kind of disagree that Jaguar doesn't love us. I spent a lot of time answering and becoming a member of the JLR Advisory Board. I thought it would be better to be constructive than destructive. Let's see if they get back to us and have some fixes. I hope all of you decided to join the Board if invited and tell them about our issues. I have 29 months left on my lease and that's my lever! Regards Katatonic!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
Hi All

I kind of disagree that Jaguar doesn't love us. I spent a lot of time answering and becoming a member of the JLR Advisory Board. I thought it would be better to be constructive than destructive. Let's see if they get back to us and have some fixes. I hope all of you decided to join the Board if invited and tell them about our issues. I have 29 months left on my lease and that's my lever! Regards Katatonic!

To me its not that Jaguar doesn't love us, it is that they are NOT communicating with us. Every single company that deals with customer service knows that communicating with your customer base is the primary driver of customer perception. In this regard Jaguar is doing a far poorer job that many other brands. This is especially true of a brand that that is considered a more specialty brand in nature.

Instead, they seem to be relying on their history and reputation, instead of realizing that we now live in a new social media world where communication is paramount to brand reputation. In comparing Jaguar to Tesla, it certainly to me is not that Telsa makes a better product, but Tesla has a devout following because of their persistent customer communication.

Jaguar could hire a SINGLE employee to answer questions on social media channels and make a complete difference in customers perception.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:14 AM

Since joining the Advisory Board, I've had a couple calls from a national rep. As nice as she was, it was readily apparent that she didn't know (or have access to) any more information than we do. On several issues, she suggested that the dealer might have better information. Bottom line is I don't think Jaguar from over the ocean is sharing much of any information with anybody at this juncture.
PGhiron likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Enderle Send a message via Skype™ to Enderle
I'm on the advisory board as well. At least they are asking interesting questions there. But, compared to Tesla, they aren't great at communicating. I think that is one of the reasons they aren't getting the advocacy that Tesla enjoys. I'm reasonably well published on the car yet not a peep from them. https://techspective.net/2019/06/10/...truly-awesome/ https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85800.html https://www.techzone360.com/topics/t...-sell-2018.htm
PGhiron likes this.

Rob Enderle
2019 I-Pace HSE Blue
2014 Color Shifting (wrapped) V8S F-Type
08 Blown Blue Stainless (wrapped) FX-35
17 Mercedes GLA 45 Matt Gray
1970 XKE 327 Engine

Past Cars:
2004 XKR Blue Heavily Modified
1965 Impala 396 Tricked Out
1968 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1974 Honda Civic (custom paint)
1964 Jaguar E-Type Modified Race
1980 Mazda RX-7 heavily modified
1994 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
2002 Audi TT Quattro Modified
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderle View Post
I'm on the advisory board as well. At least they are asking interesting questions there. But, compared to Tesla, they aren't great at communicating. I think that is one of the reasons they aren't getting the advocacy that Tesla enjoys. I'm reasonably well published on the car yet not a peep from them. https://techspective.net/2019/06/10/...truly-awesome/ https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85800.html https://www.techzone360.com/topics/t...-sell-2018.htm
@Enderle . Rob your Tech News World article was fantastic and right on point. So glad to have you part of the Forum, and I couldn't agree with you more.
Enderle likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page