Confused infotainment and Smart systems - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

My car's smart and infotainment systems are generally reliable and consistent but there are 2 things that throw both into confusion. If I am driving and my wife keeps her key and phone in her purse the system has no idea which profile to use even if I use my key to unlock the car. Our home pages disappear and smart settings show as unavailable. Once the offending key and phone is removed the system responds well.

Using the infotainment system with the electrical system on but with the motor off also confuses a number of features. The confusion carries over after the motor is running for a number of minutes.

I've seen really good reliability if I avoid these two situations.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

I don't use profiles for that reason. I do encounter minor glitches now and then with bluetooth or AA. When I first got the car I set stuff up after some research and experimentation and haven't had to change anything since.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

My wife's driving set up is so different from mine it would take too long to change everytime one of us gets behind the wheel. Plus I always seem to forget something and she's not comfortable yet mashing buttons.

I find the smart settings to be helpful as long as we take one phone and key and I stay away from changing settings with only the electrical system powered on.
McRat, sciencegeek and wilco like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:55 AM

I've noticed when I approach the car with the fob in my pocket with my phone, the phone can prevent the fob signal registering.

Both come out of pocket when I've entered, so it's a limited problem.
I've noticed something like the glitches with just the electrical system on running the entertainment, so thanks for helping my crystalize that factor for me.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:59 AM

When my wife and I are both in the car, I just select my profile on the infotainment system to set it to me.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

With both keys and phones in the car the profiles disappear for awhile and when I select smart settings it shows as unavailable. After a few minutes the infotainment settles down and I can select my profile.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:13 PM

I just have had no luck with one keyfob or with phone to constantly recall profiles, so the problem is the same even without your situation. The better part is when it starts deleting my profiles and I have to start all over again.

I am waiting to recreate any profiles until update...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
With both keys and phones in the car the profiles disappear for awhile and when I select smart settings it shows as unavailable. After a few minutes the infotainment settles down and I can select my profile.
I am on 19A and only have the boot up process of infotainment delay, but not minutes. Maybe it is related to your SW version?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
I just have had no luck with one keyfob or with phone to constantly recall profiles, so the problem is the same even without your situation. The better part is when it starts deleting my profiles and I have to start all over again.

I am waiting to recreate any profiles until update...
I had the same problem the first week I owned the car but it's been great since. Not sure what the difference is between our cars.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:04 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I had the same problem the first week I owned the car but it's been great since. Not sure what the difference is between our cars.
Your car likes you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page