AC blows hot in pre-conditioning... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LauderdaleFE

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

AC blows hot in pre-conditioning...

The ac seems to run fine when I'm driving the car (SFAIK-- maybe it's not cooling as quickly as it should).

I've only done a few loosely scheduled trips, and I noticed several times it wasn't very cool when I got in. I chalked that up to delaying my actual departure past the time I had scheduled, and the cab reheating in the meantime in the hot sun after the time had expired.

I happened to get in the car during some pre-conditioning time today, and I noticed the air was not cold at all.

Can the system cool while running but not in pre-conditioning? I expect the moving air flow helps the heat transfer, but the fan runs during pre-conditioning for the same purpose.

Unrelated question: why do my line returns turn into doubled line spacing? Is there a preference I can change to get single spacing? I've looked around but haven't seen anything like that.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19

Last edited by LauderdaleFE; 05-14-2019 at 02:54 PM.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
The ac seems to run fine when I'm driving the car (SFAIK-- maybe it's not cooling as quickly as it should).

I've only done a few loosely scheduled trips, and I noticed several times it wasn't very cool when I got in. I chalked that up to delaying my actual departure past the time I had scheduled, and the cab reheating in the meantime in the hot sun after the time had expired.

I happened to get in the car during some pre-conditioning time today, and I noticed the air was not cold at all.

Can the system cool while running but not in pre-conditioning? I expect the moving air flow helps the heat transfer, but the fan runs during pre-conditioning for the same purpose.

Unrelated question: why do my line returns turn into doubled line spacing? Is there a preference I can change to get single spacing? I've looked around but haven't seen anything like that.

My I-Pace is at my dealer just North of you since Mon, 5/13/19 because the A/C doesn't work...just blows warm, humid air like the a/c compressor failed and won't turn on. My Jaguar I-Pace is a piece of garbage and I'm furious and disappointed (even though I love it when I actually get to drive it). However, it's the most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned; it's in the shop more than I drive it! See my thread...

https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/19...html#post33635

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 05-14-2019 at 08:18 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
My I-Pace is at my dealer just North of you since Mon, 5/13/19 because the A/C doesn't work...just blows warm, humid air like the a/c compressor failed and won't turn on. My Jaguar I-Pace is a piece of garbage and I'm furious and disappointed (even though I love it when I actually get to drive it). However, it's the most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned; it's in the shop more than I drive it! See my thread...

https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/19...html#post33635

I respect and regret your experience, which I had read, but mine differs so far. I'll have my first trip in for service on Friday and find out what's going on and check back in.

I wonder if you may qualify under the lemon law, but I'm not sure all that requires. I surely understand your frustration, and wish you best luck at getting squared away in a way that suits you.
sflgator likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page