Blank screens radio won’t shut off - Page 4 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Regin recall and subsequent failure of display panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgroce View Post
Didnt work for me either. So I pulled the additional two fuses, (only 2 left in panel, might as well pull them) Im waiting the 20 minutes now, but the emergency flasher is still on.
As reported earlier the reset never returned displays to normal. So took it in this mourning. Unbelievably, literally when I turned into their parking lot everything returned. Service advisor came out turned it off and on, everything seemed to work. Except the traction battery safe to drive warning.

So they wanted to keep it and load new 19. versions of software. They gave me another ipace as a loaner.😀👌
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain View Post
I picked up my 2020 I-Pace just this weekend and after setting up the various connected features and accounts - InControl, HERE maps, Live Apps, etc...things started to act up and the screens went black at around 150 miles and 48 hours of ownership.

Im a little suspicious that all the demo cars at the dealership seem to be working better and I cant think that Jaguar would roll cars off the production line with known immediate failures. Since my infotainment problems started after setting up all the other connected features, the locked up infotainment may have just been a mix of software glitches.

Thanks to others on this forum, I did go look at TOPIx and confirmed all the fuses needed to reset all the related modules AND found a way to verify if current drain is going on - which it was. This seems like the infotainment modules have crashed, but have not shutdown. Not a good situation to be in since they could then drain the battery. You can confirm things are "running" if the hazard button light is illuminated still after the car has been locked and sitting for more than 20 minutes (mine was running all day even though it was "off" and it consumed 4% of battery). After I rebooted the modules - no more battery drain from the hung infotainment modules!

The forum won't allow anything but really tiny PDFs, so here's an attempt at a 3-page PNG with the reboot procedure I put together. It worked for me and avoided bringing the car into the dealer with less than 200 miles and only owning it for a few days. Annoying, BUT way less than going to the dealer for a simple reboot and having to leave the car for a few days.

After reboot, I also deleted the smart profile I had made, along with logging out of the Live app stuff. I wasn't planning to use a lot of this stuff anyway beyond CarPlay, so this will be fine for me until future updates if it ensures the infotainment is a little less buggy.

Hope this can help someone else avoid a trip to the dealer for a simple restart.

For the record - Just passed 7k miles, no major issues. Had center upper and lower 'blank screens' issue for the first time yesterday. Followed your posted instructions, replaced fuses after around 30mins, started the car, no joy. Repeated same instructions (just the four fuses listed in the first set of instructions), left the car locked, unplugged overnight. This AM, unlocked, replaced fuses, re-started... Success.

Except... screens back on = good.
New 'traction battery fault' = no good.

Fortunately, I drove it to work without incident, and no apparent change in driving characteristics. Parked for the day, unplugged. At day's end, all clear. Center screens working, 'traction battery fault' warning cleared spontaneously (even without the 100% charge, which seemed to be necessary for others).

Just wanted to report the issue to add my two cents for the general body of knowledge, and thank you for the post.

drscott

SE
silicon silver
driver assist
adaptive dynamics/AdSR
HUD
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 03:10 PM

Yesterday I used the preconditioning button on the app to cool the car a bit before departure. Did not actually work and the screens were black for the first few minutes of travel. Screens came on but the temperature adjustment would not move. My car has never been updated. Just an annoyance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:04 PM

Well after 8,000 miles I finally had this as my first error. Interestingly I JUST updated via SOTA from 18D to the newest 19A two days ago. Sure seems to me not to be a coincidence. Trying the repair procedure outlined earlier. Will post result in about 1 hour.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
Well after 8,000 miles I finally had this as my first error. Interestingly I JUST updated via SOTA from 18D to the newest 19A two days ago. Sure seems to me not to be a coincidence. Trying the repair procedure outlined earlier. Will post result in about 1 hour.
Hope pulling the fuses works for you but it didn't for me and a few others. Look for the bluish haze around the perimeter of the touchscreens because that will indicate a battery drain. Also look at the hazard button 30 minutes after shutting down the vehicle and if it's illuminated then you do have a battery drain problem. Best of luck!
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
Read the original post of this thread. My car had ~8100 miles when it acted up, with all original software. It isn’t the update that caused it.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Read the original post of this thread. My car had ~8100 miles when it acted up, with all original software. It isn’t the update that caused it.
It WORKED. But not after 1 hour, only after leaving the fuses out overnight.

I think the procedure works, it just needs a lot more time for trickle power in the circuits to completely be used up.

Interesting even after the 1 Hour try the emergency light was no longer illuminated, and but the procedure didn't work, which means that looking for that is probably not the best measure if all the circuits have shed residual power, as currently dictated by the procedure.

After sitting overnight, the car looked the same it did during the 1 hour try.

Incidentally, just in case it makes a difference I removed and then replaced the fuses in the same order on both attempts.

Upper fuses left to right first, then lower fuses left to right.

Happy once again this morning. Of course I had the traction battery warning but it went away on hitting OK and never came back on. Drove three more cycles of on and off throughout the day with no issues.

Back to being a very happy I-pace owner

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red

Last edited by PGhiron; 08-15-2019 at 10:37 PM.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 PM

Glad things worked out for you! I appreciate the tips and if the worst happens again I'll give it a try.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:45 PM

The world works in mysterious ways
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:53 PM

Took delivery Sep 7 with software 18D, took it back to dealer first thing Sep 9 with black screen issue. Dealer updated to 19A. Black screen issue happened again this morning (Sep 18) and I took it back again. Hopefully 19B solves this issue for good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page