Nav slow and crashes a lot - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Nav slow and crashes a lot

We all know the navigation system is slow to boot, slow to route and update. But has anyone else noticed how often it seems to crash and restart? I have seen this after it starts up and from me simply switching the driver console display to full size map, from trying to select a destination, after it routes and I press start.

The symptoms are the same, the nav display in center console goes blank or back to I Pace picture, the Nav doesn't launch when selected from infotainment.

Not to keep repeating the infotainment issues but this one is particularly egregious considering this can happen WHILE you are navigating. I have never seen this in any other car before.

BTW I am runnnig 18d, and the latest map update did speed up the time it takes to pick a destination and route (before it could take 20 seconds for simple close destinations, now its "only" 4-5 seconds).
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Another unrelated bug: today on two occasions the - button would not register to reduce speed, but it’s not the button. Turning cruise on and off it would then work perfectly. The + always worked.

Anyone else notice this?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
We all know the navigation system is slow to boot, slow to route and update. But has anyone else noticed how often it seems to crash and restart? I have seen this after it starts up and from me simply switching the driver console display to full size map, from trying to select a destination, after it routes and I press start.

The symptoms are the same, the nav display in center console goes blank or back to I Pace picture, the Nav doesn't launch when selected from infotainment.

Not to keep repeating the infotainment issues but this one is particularly egregious considering this can happen WHILE you are navigating. I have never seen this in any other car before.

BTW I am runnnig 18d, and the latest map update did speed up the time it takes to pick a destination and route (before it could take 20 seconds for simple close destinations, now its "only" 4-5 seconds).
I have noticed this also and it absolutely seems related to establishing a Navigation account and that account loading.

Without the "account" established in the car, it doesn't reboot, but with it it seems to reboot at the "end" of the complete car boot up sequence. Which can take a minute or two.

You might try deleting the stored navigation profile , ie this is NOT the car profile, but instaed the one you store specifically for stored places in navigation.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 10:28 PM

Garage
I notice same thing. It reboots after sometimes 10 minutes of driving. Other times after 1 hour drive. Often it makes a second reboot exactly 5 minutes after a first reboot.
It is not the map as it happens at different places
Also updated the map 3 times now and still same behavior
For a while I suspect a hardware issue but not sure

When the screen go blank it just before make a spoken guidance very unmotivated as either I stand still at a red light or are far from any place to turn. and then it reboot..
I am on S19a and will get a dealer installed update in a few weeks. Together with replacing som other sensors like blind spot and trunk foot motion sensor on one side.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:15 AM

I'm running a flavor of 19A. It crashes randomly.

I have no voice control. "Feature currently unavailable" after tediously spelling state, tediously spelling city, selecting city from list. Navigation is worse than my 16 RR.

I've had it crash and restart in the midst of giving a turn instruction. The turn instruction was in the center of the main display (two dial setting) and that goes blank. It remains blank until the next turn or lane advice is given.

The monthly navigation updates only update the map data, not the actual navigation software.

I've taken to using a portable GPS instead. Better routing. No crashing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page