First ‘real’ problem: AC blows warm air - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 760
After 5 months and 7600 miles it was warm enough to need AC and I discovered it doesn’t work...bummer

I believe at least one of the SoCal owners on here also had that problem. Anyone else?
Dantrium is online now  
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Member
 
bguidizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southern California - Temecula area
Posts: 70
I will run without AC on when ambient temperature is cool enough to just pull in the cool outside air, 60s is about the max. When I have switched to AC which was recent, I noticed the car blows warm air for a lengthy amount of time before blowing cool. I hit Max AC to speed it up after being impatient a few times and then back it off to regular AC mode. I assume you waited long enough to wait it out and it is really out in your Jag.
bguidizi is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bguidizi View Post
I will run without AC on when ambient temperature is cool enough to just pull in the cool outside air, 60s is about the max. When I have switched to AC which was recent, I noticed the car blows warm air for a lengthy amount of time before blowing cool. I hit Max AC to speed it up after being impatient a few times and then back it off to regular AC mode. I assume you waited long enough to wait it out and it is really out in your Jag.
Yes, even after 30 minutes on Max AC The air blowing through the AC was warmer than the outside air
Dantrium is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 646
Curious is this in all modes (eco ca comfort)? And obvious question but AC enabled? Not smart climate?
epirali is online now  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Curious is this in all modes (eco ca comfort)? And obvious question but AC enabled? Not smart climate?
It was in default mode, so Comfort. I didn’t try it in Eco.

By default it is also left with Smart Climate. But I tried everything to get it to blow cold air, so I tried everything with the climate control, including using Max AC with no improvement.

As my 10 year-old said “Dad, they better fix this or this summer is going to suck”
Dantrium is online now  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
After 5 months and 7600 miles it was warm enough to need AC and I discovered it doesn’t work...bummer

I believe at least one of the SoCal owners on here also had that problem. Anyone else?
Yup. After all this cold, I finally tried to use the A/C last week and it doesn’t work. It is booked in on Thursday to take a look. I don’t recall ever trying it in the past, so I don’t know if it has ever worked or not.

Bummed as well.

Timbo
Timbo is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 126
Garage
Could be related to H193NAS2, which is an outstanding campaign for my car (though the AC does work on my car). Says it is to fix potential won't start issue, reverse lights flashing, air quality system not working, climate control not working, and noisy climate control fans. Potentially affects VINs 60001-72491.
CyberSlug is online now  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 126
Garage
All the extra info beyond "won't start" and the VINs was from an old version of the field action in Topix, which was replaced with NAS2.
CyberSlug is online now  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 364
Anyone else notice that when A/C is enabled it actually sucks more juice than the heater did? When I click on my A/C my range drops 30 miles immediately...

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
sgtpeper is online now  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Anyone else notice that when A/C is enabled it actually sucks more juice than the heater did? When I click on my A/C my range drops 30 miles immediately...
Mine actually has very little impact on predicted range. Maybe because it doesn’t work?
Dantrium is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I the only one having this problem ? jcorcos Forum Member Reviews 3 02-24-2019 11:07 AM
My First Problem WattAJag 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV Purchase Incentives, Rebates, Tax Credits 43 12-24-2018 03:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome