First ‘real’ problem: AC blows warm air - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

After 5 months and 7600 miles it was warm enough to need AC and I discovered it doesn’t work...bummer

I believe at least one of the SoCal owners on here also had that problem. Anyone else?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:21 PM

I will run without AC on when ambient temperature is cool enough to just pull in the cool outside air, 60s is about the max. When I have switched to AC which was recent, I noticed the car blows warm air for a lengthy amount of time before blowing cool. I hit Max AC to speed it up after being impatient a few times and then back it off to regular AC mode. I assume you waited long enough to wait it out and it is really out in your Jag.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguidizi View Post
I will run without AC on when ambient temperature is cool enough to just pull in the cool outside air, 60s is about the max. When I have switched to AC which was recent, I noticed the car blows warm air for a lengthy amount of time before blowing cool. I hit Max AC to speed it up after being impatient a few times and then back it off to regular AC mode. I assume you waited long enough to wait it out and it is really out in your Jag.
Yes, even after 30 minutes on Max AC The air blowing through the AC was warmer than the outside air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:14 PM

Curious is this in all modes (eco ca comfort)? And obvious question but AC enabled? Not smart climate?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Curious is this in all modes (eco ca comfort)? And obvious question but AC enabled? Not smart climate?
It was in default mode, so Comfort. I didn’t try it in Eco.

By default it is also left with Smart Climate. But I tried everything to get it to blow cold air, so I tried everything with the climate control, including using Max AC with no improvement.

As my 10 year-old said “Dad, they better fix this or this summer is going to suck”
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
After 5 months and 7600 miles it was warm enough to need AC and I discovered it doesn’t work...bummer

I believe at least one of the SoCal owners on here also had that problem. Anyone else?
Yup. After all this cold, I finally tried to use the A/C last week and it doesn’t work. It is booked in on Thursday to take a look. I don’t recall ever trying it in the past, so I don’t know if it has ever worked or not.

Bummed as well.

Timbo
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:14 PM

Garage
Could be related to H193NAS2, which is an outstanding campaign for my car (though the AC does work on my car). Says it is to fix potential won't start issue, reverse lights flashing, air quality system not working, climate control not working, and noisy climate control fans. Potentially affects VINs 60001-72491.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 PM

Garage
All the extra info beyond "won't start" and the VINs was from an old version of the field action in Topix, which was replaced with NAS2.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:09 AM

Anyone else notice that when A/C is enabled it actually sucks more juice than the heater did? When I click on my A/C my range drops 30 miles immediately...

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Anyone else notice that when A/C is enabled it actually sucks more juice than the heater did? When I click on my A/C my range drops 30 miles immediately...
Mine actually has very little impact on predicted range. Maybe because it doesn’t work?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page