Anyone with fully working Android Auto? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Anyone with fully working Android Auto?

If you don't have any problems with Android Auto, can you please post your phone make/model and Android version?

I have a Pixel 3 with Android 9 (Pie) and latest patches. Android Auto is unusable for me because:

- Connection sometimes/often fails initially so I have to reconnect at least once before driving off.
- Audio drops out continually (meaning brief pauses/silence when playing music from Google Music).
- Phone disconnects during calls.

Bluetooth is mostly fine, although bluetooth support on the Pixel 3 is mediocre at best.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:42 AM

I have an original pixel. AA launch sometimes fails. Once it takes it's usually stable. No problem with phone. I use spotify, but only downloaded music (so no streaming), which mostly works.

That said, I only use it when I need navigation; usually I just use bluetooth, which works quite well.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksattic View Post
If you don't have any problems with Android Auto, can you please post your phone make/model and Android version?

I have a Pixel 3 with Android 9 (Pie) and latest patches. Android Auto is
unusable for me because:

- Connection sometimes/often fails initially so I have to reconnect at least once before driving off.
- Audio drops out continually (meaning brief pauses/silence when playing music from Google Music).
- Phone disconnects during calls.

Bluetooth is mostly fine, although bluetooth support on the Pixel 3 is mediocre at best.
My AA works in all aspects and is solid. Always connects and is reliable. I mostly use it when I want to play Spotify as AA allows me to browse the playlist queue where using Spotify strait into the I-Pace does not. I prefer the Jag navigation look and feel over AA nav but that is personal preference. I still compare Google maps nav to the jags nap route and plan and they're usually pretty dang close to each other.
Oh almost forgot I'm using a Pixel 3 XL running Android pi. My Bluetooth used to drop occasionally but the latest update to the pixel corrected that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:11 PM

AA was not working on my Samsung Galaxy S10 for the last month until the latest Android Update (March security patch) that included other fixes from Samsung and right after that update, Android Auto started working perfectly in the I-Pace so it must have been something in the software. I'm on T-Mobile so FWIW the baseband version I'm on now is: G973USQU1ASD3. Now when I plug in my phone AA boots right up seamlessly. I was worried it was the I-Pace but it was definitely the phone software. I know some other Android phones have issues as well so it's hard to know what to do other than wait for a fix/update for your particular phone, which sucks.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 PM

I have a Samsung Note 8. Seems to be working fine, especially now that I've worked out how to project in 1080. Very nice.

One thing I don't understand, if i am plugged in, does the phone use the cable or bluetooth? It seems to lock out some of the phone features when plugged in.

Any advantage of using InControl rather than Android?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks all for the responses - I'm curious why I'm having issues with my Pixel 3 but others are not.

When plugged in it uses USB for data transfer, not bluetooth. Locking out phone features is done by the Android Auto app staying full screen and showing limited functionality.

The main advantage of using InControl rather than AA is that you can see the car menus/features, like the EV info, cameras, and other stuff.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks all for the responses - I'm curious why I'm having issues with my Pixel 3 but others are not.

When plugged in it uses USB for data transfer, not bluetooth. Locking out phone features is done by the Android Auto app staying full screen and showing limited functionality.

The main advantage of using InControl rather than AA is that you can see the car menus/features, like the EV info, cameras, and other stuff.
I have a pixel 3 and AA never works right for me. It connects then shortly after disconnects. AA released a software update last night so will give it another try today.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:46 AM

I had a lot of issues with my pixel 3. So bad I got a Samsung galaxy note 9
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:13 PM

Tried: Pixel 3 XL, One Plus 6T. Galaxy Note 8, Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

When music is on alone, everything works OK. When Google Maps is on, all **** breaks loose. Every time anything happens in maps: zooming, rotating, switching between day/night mode, navigation voice, the whole thing stutters and lags.
Pejorative likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:

Today I had to plug in instead of using bluetooth as I usually do, because my phone battery was unexpectedly discharged. I use Apple Play a little, but so far, none of the phone apps but playing music. I hadn't even backed out of the audio play screen before, but I tried it.

I saw the Jaguar app icon on the page and figured it would just start up what I use on the phone. But instead and to my surprise, it put me right into the normal car screens with their full functionality. I scrolled a little to be sure.

I don't know if this would work in AA as it did in Apple Play, but if so, there would be no tradeoff for using it.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19