Map updater incompatible with latest Mac OS - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Question Map updater incompatible with latest Mac OS

I downloaded the map updater app from the JLR site, and upon starting it up, it said it couldn't work with my OS.

Then it was apparently running fine anyway, but it wanted the SD chip and had no option for downloading it to a USB stick.

I think the app wanted OS 10 (or higher), and the most recent incremental upgrade within the last week or so to Mojave is still in the 10s, but up to 10.14.4.

Since it did seem to load and run fine, is it just cautious because it doesn't recognize the higher system number? I'm prone to see if it works, but I don't know what kind of problem it may create. My other option is to take it in to the dealer and let them do it.

Also, SD chip? I've been reading about the USB stick method for updating it. I am unsure if I have an SD chip, and couldn't find a reference in the manual book or on-line manual.

My laptop has an SD slot, so I could proceed with my trial if I learn how to eject it from the nav system. Instruction on that, and thoughts on the incompatibility message, please.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:42 AM

SD>USB adapter? These are cheap and widely available from many sources. I use one all the time for cameras that aren't WiFi enabled, drones, security cams, etc, etc, etc.

I could not find my MacBook Pro or iPad if asked. I was tired of such issues and lack of interoperability. I even had trouble making the MBP play nice with my iPhone.

I do not know if MBPs support adapters, but they should. Then again, they should do a lot of stuff that Apple decided to avoid.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I downloaded the map updater app from the JLR site, and upon starting it up, it said it couldn't work with my OS.
I was just trying to figure out how to update the map myself and I can't find the link for the updater. The Jag USA site seems to have the updater for every model except the I-Pace. Where do you find it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:03 PM

Wow. It appears they broke it. I just did an update a week or so ago.

It takes you to a page that doesn't even support the cars they sell today. F/I/E-Pace aren't even listed nor is the Duo Pro interface.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:06 PM

If I can't find the source, I do have the latest map on a stick and it's 9GB.
Most email systems choke on that, and it might be VIN specific since it's a contracted subscription.

Let me hunt further. (888) 628-4482 DOES NOT WORK. That is HERE Inc, and they cannot help you. HERE is the map subcontractor.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:19 PM

https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/...on-ProductList

This is the page where your maps are. First I went to Jaguar Route Planner , then logged in. If you haven't established an account (this should have been done at your dealer), you will need to do that.
Now you are on a page for InControl. On the top bar is Maps & Services, click on that, and you have arrived. It's the top map listed, push Get Latest Version red box and follow the instructions.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

This is the page where your maps are. First I went to Jaguar Route Planner , then logged in. If you haven't established an account (this should have been done at your dealer), you will need to do that.
Now you are on a page for InControl. On the top bar is Maps & Services, click on that, and you have arrived. It's the top map listed, push Get Latest Version red box and follow the instructions.
Thanks McRat. Found it and downloaded it. I'll install it later today. It was easy once I found the link. It is well hidden I must say.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

I had gotten there this evening since my nav screen gave the site info, before reading this.

I registered there, but I'm now in a loop saying I have to associate a vehicle with the account. I enter the VIN, verify the model and color, and it says I'm in. But then when I click to maps and services, I get the 'no vehicle/add vehicle' prompt again.

I had a similar problem with the regular In-Touch registration page at the very beginning of my ownership, and I think I finally had to use my i-Phone.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:45 PM

Is the InControl Route Planner yet a different login from InControl? My info will not log me in, even though I'm sure my info is correct.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath_h View Post
Is the InControl Route Planner yet a different login from InControl? My info will not log me in, even though I'm sure my info is correct.
Yep, it’s the third or fourth account I have discovered that needs to be created to manage the car. Quite unbelievable in 2019, and JLR should get their act together. Though, I don’t believe the route planner is a prerequisite or mandatory for downloading maps, but as mentioned in another comment, I have so far not been able to download anything, the InControl site is looping on the VIN, not adding my car. And my dealership is as baffled as myself, they don’t find the I-pace even listed for map updates. And again, 2019, and we are asked to download to a memory stick on a computer?? Have previous JLR customers been dead before the I-Pace was launched? But good luck, and please share a step-by-step guide if you are able to figure it out. I promise that I will if I’m able to 🤪

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page