• 1 Post By bruintoo
  • 1 Post By markgroce
  • 1 Post By jsimon7777
  • 1 Post By bruintoo
  • 1 Post By Timbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Suspension noises

Every now and then I get suspension noise that sound like creak (especially when braking hard either by pressing the brakes or letting go of the accelerator suddenly) or sometimes low volume clunk sound when stepping on and letting go of the accelerator in short burst. It's not a constant sound so I'm so bothered by it. But I was wondering if these noises are normal or do you think it's related to the "knocking suspension" issue? I don't really hear noises when going over speed bumps. So I'm not sure it's related to the TOPIX issue on suspension.
winemad likes this.

Last edited by bruintoo; 04-10-2019 at 09:58 PM.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:46 PM

No, itís not related to the strut replacement Topix issue or campaign (as they call it). Iíve had both and the strut noise was easy to make happen, just slowly drive over a speed bump. The brake induced noise has been on mine since day one. Iíve not bothered to have it looked at because until itís recognized as a TOPIX issue, getting local dealer to fix isnít probably going to happen.
bruintoo likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:39 AM

I get groans when people get out while the car is running and, i think, at the raised height. I asked them to look at it, but they couldn't recreate it. I'll get a video for next time.
bruintoo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
I get groans when people get out while the car is running and, i think, at the raised height. I asked them to look at it, but they couldn't recreate it. I'll get a video for next time.
LOL. Maybe the car is telling you the passengers are heavy.
Mister Dave likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM

Air suspensions sometimes creak or groan a little when they adjust but maybe there's some grease missing somewhere on yours
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:20 PM

my brakes are caveman primitive and very noisy. reminds me of the diesel trains I used to operate for Sasol......
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:41 PM

My car has a lot of growing noise also a suspension noise I had the dealer look at it and they said they looked at all the brakes and suspension but never put any kind of notation on my ppaer work that they did so I’ve called him back to see if they can if they did anything for the world anything about the noise if I get any updates I will repost on this. On my I Pace when going from park to drive on creep mode on the car feels like it’s moving but it doesn’t move it tries to go and then makes a growing noise and then on breaking and going from reversed on the turn to drive you had a nice hotel suspension as well. on my IPace when going from Park to drive on creep mode on the car feels like it’s trying to move but fails and it doesn’t move. breaking and going from reverse on the turn to drive I get grinding or suspension noise as well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:06 AM

so I took my car to the dealer today and get a test drive with the service manager of Sacramento Jaguar. we test drove my car and we test drove one of their cars. so my car definitely did had a lot more noise than theirs . The manager did agree that there is some kind of noise coming from the front of the car not sure if it’s the suspension or the brakes . After the infotainment update software update my car started to turn off my creep mode by itself. So the service manager was also able to see that as well once you park the car and turn it off and get back in after 5to 10 minutes to create more turns off by itself. Sacramento service manager will contact Jaguar engineers in UK and Will see if they can get a new update on infortainment software Than he will call me back and I will take my car for a full check up on software update also to get the suspension and brakes checked to make sure there’s no more noise or try to fix the noise .
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
If you hold the brakes while adjusting the ride height, you will get the groaning sound as the length of the wheelbase slightly changes by a fraction of an inch between all the way up and all the way down. To recreate this, keep the vehicle in drive with your foot on the brake and then change the height. You will hear a groan as the suspension lowers it will fight the brakes and actually rotate the wheels ever so slightly to accommodate the new length. To confirm this, try it again with the vehicle in neutral and your foot off the brake. No noise. You have to make sure creep mode is off otherwise you will be moving and wonít be able to confirm it. This is not a defect and the reason why you hear it when you let passengers out is that you have Ďauto access height enabledí and when you let your passengers out, the car is trying to lower itself when the passengers are opening the door. This does not occur while you are in park and can raise and lower to your heartís content without any noise. Only while in drive with your foot on the brake.

So, in summary, put it in park before you open the door and you wonít hear the brakes groaning.

Tim
jsimon7777 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page