First few questions (apologise they may seem stupid) .
1. what level of the Touch Pro software is installed in your vehicle (Settings>All settings> Software update)? Should be 18C of higher.
2. I am assuming, that on your infotainment's Extra Features page (on the right from the Home Page) among features like 'Eco', Valet mode', you can see Android Auto and CarPlay listed. If not, your vehicle is not fitted with them....
3. If you connect USB stick with the media (music, video, etc) on it, can you play it via infotainment?
4. When you are connecting phone to the USB sockets in the armrest compartment, is the phone starting to charge?
If all of the above are OK, then look at the below hints:
- first try use different phone AND different cable. Best non-samsung one. If the issue repeats, then look below. You can also check some iPhone to see it CarPlay starts (this is to prove, that your infotainment is working OK with other devices)
- second hint would be to use different USB cable with your S10 (and different android phone if possible) -> change the cable to the one which is NOT USB 3.0 compliant (the wider USB connector which goes to your vehicle's USB sockets MUST NOT be with blue insert inside).
There was an issue visible with some Samsung phones and some older version of the Touch Pro Duo software (18C, probably also 18D), where they were not supporting correctly Android Auto protocol over USB-3. Note, that your I-Pace has USB-3 sockets. To make it working, all of the elements in the communication chain must support it correctly.
So once you will use USB cable with USB-A to USB-C connectors, but which support USB 2.0 data transfer speed, you are forcing the devices to use USB 2.0 protocol, and AA should start to work.
- third - if above solutions wont help, then you would need to visit a Jaguar dealer, complaining that Android Auto is not working and asking for the update to the latest software. What is good, update may be quite fluent now, as dealers are recently equipped with the solution, to push new software to your vehicle over-the-air.
Please let me know how it progressed.