I-Pace HSE Infotainment system bugs w Android - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Angry I-Pace HSE Infotainment system bugs w Android

Android Auto and this car's Infotainment system were not a marriage ordained by heaven.

I cannot get Android Auto to do 1080P on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android Pie.

Car keeps flipping back to Radio when you select music from phone.

Charging system also pretends to do set timing charging but then 20 minutes later it's charging and ignoring the timed charging settings.

At first I thought it was my phone but I have now tried 11 different Android phones. The same issue on all of them.

Then I thought it was the USB Cable and bought over $400 of them and its not that.

Then I found something is continually resetting the infotainment OS which is some Linux variant of Free Linux.

I also have the version 1 Chevrolet Bolt, Everything in the Bolt is perfect and has been from day one, mainly because Chevrolet were smart enough to let LG do the stuff that LG knows about without GM interference.

The Bolt is the best Version 1 experience I have ever had with anything. Only issue with it is the seats are crap.

The Jag has the reverse problem, Seats are awesome, everything else around the infotainment system is utter rubbish.

That remote software that runs on the Android is the problem, boy is it bad. its rated at 2.5 stars but in truth its minus 2.5.

Nobody at Jag dealerships anywhere on Terra knows anything about the systems and this software stuff.

Screen resolution in Android Auto wont let you set 1080P.

The Bolt does do this 1080P trick on the same phone so it has to be the Jag software - that Jaguar Innapps package.

Whoever wrote that junk needs to be shot, frankly.

Worst software attempt I have ever witnessed for anything ever and this is my game and I have seen a lot of Junk software in my time.

In fact the christian Bible has the most apt description for this crapware, read John 11:35.

Last edited by chaan126; 04-04-2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: caps
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:15 AM

There is a way to set Android Auto to 1080p, you need the hack to turn on developer mode for AA and then toggle it to the 1080p setting in developer mode, then it will fill the screen.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:30 AM

Easy solution ----> Get an iPhone. CarPlay works great.
Jtdavi3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanstein View Post
There is a way to set Android Auto to 1080p, you need the hack to turn on developer mode for AA and then toggle it to the 1080p setting in developer mode, then it will fill the screen.
Hack not needed anymore. AA software update came out March 18th which released the ability to fill screen. It's worked fine for me since.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Yes, fedorachef was right - 1080p limitation was from Google, not from Jag. Android Auto app checks which vehicle model, infotainment and touchscreen type it is connecting to, and chooses different outputs modes. Now full-HD is finally supported.

Anyway, Jag started recently to push to the first I-Pace owners Touch Pro software update over-the-air (SOTA). If you can't wait for to get it, you can ask you dealer, and they can trigger SOTA update from their system to you vehicle.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by requieh View Post
Anyway, Jag started recently to push to the first I-Pace owners Touch Pro software update over-the-air (SOTA). If you can't wait for to get it, you can ask you dealer, and they can trigger SOTA update from their system to you vehicle.
Do you have a proof source indicating this is true in the US? I spoke to two different dealers yesterday and they both said JLR has offered no information on SOTA other than it is planned for a future enhancement
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:53 AM

It started in UK as first country. Will be rolled-out to others. However all dealers (including US) can trigger Touch Pro update via SOTA from the TOPIX tool (if vehicle is compatible with SOTA - means, that it is equipped with Connectivity Package)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It started in UK as first country. Will be rolled-out to others. However all dealers (including US) can trigger Touch Pro update via SOTA from the TOPIX tool (if vehicle is compatible with SOTA - means, that it is equipped with Connectivity Package)
Can you post the proof which I can provide the dealer that this is available?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 AM

give me last 8 characters of your VIN number and I can check it for you and give you proof
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
give me last 8 characters of your vin number and i can check it for you and give you proof
k1f61716

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page