Blank Screens are back! - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

So I missed the boat last Wednesday and my car never got to Honolulu. I dropped it off today for shipping tomorrow. As you would expect, after I missed the boat on the way home the screens lit back up and everything has been working flawlessly since! I'm starting to wonder if it's simply a loose connector that jars itself loose from time to time. I fully expect them to tell me they cannot replicate my issues after keeping my car for a week or two, then returning it to me only to have the screens go black on the drive home!

To make it more interesting, after dropping my car off at the port I notice an all black I-pace sitting in the pickup area so we will no longer be the only I-pace on Maui! Hopefully the buyer has better luck!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:29 PM

Posted this in a couple other places but following up here as well:

Here are my updates after the first 3 weeks of ownership:
- At the 2 week mark, the infotainment and climate control screens stopped working and the heater wouldnt turn off. Incontrol App also would not work at all...no accurate information because it couldnt update the data from the car. Opened issue with JLR tech support, they said they could not get a signal from the car.

-Brought it into dealership for service immediately because car was undriveable (got too hot inside because heater wouldnt turn off...plus no screens). Service said they were backed up 2 weeks-ish. I complained and escalated to manager. They moved my car up and looked at it after 5 days. Took another 2 days of them fiddling with it along with JLR headquarters technicians to do 3 software updates.

-Got my I-Pace back on 3/15, all screens working properly (although still take a while to boot up on a fresh start of the car) but now when I try to add certain shortcuts to the Home screen (such as the EV Panel which gives you shortcuts to Creep mode and Regen mode) will not stick. Every time I start the car again the EV Panel Title Bar still shows but the Creep, Regen buttons are gone. Have to delete the shortcut and re-add to get it to stay. Creep function, even when I turn on, reverts back to Off the next time i start the car. So every day now I have to delete the EV Panel shortcut, re-add it, then re-enable Creep. Very annoying.

-Incontrol app was still not working until today, 3/19. still working with JLR support, who said I needed to bring it back into service dept. I did NOT want to do that but felt like I had no choice. All of a sudden today, the app seems to have magically started working, including pre-conditioning functionality which never worked before today. Last time the app was updated was 2/28 so no idea why it's working now and not before.

-Spoke to service rep today and we agreed that I would test the app for the next 2 days and call him on 3/21. If it's not still working well I'll bring it back in and they'll make it a priority to look at, as well as the issue of Home page shortcuts and Creep mode not sticking

-Still have my case open with JLR tech support. Told them I'll update them in a few days of using the Incontrol app, and they can coordinate with my service dept if the app stops working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190319_131621.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	1521  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:02 PM

Update 3/22/19:

Black screens have seem to gone away. I'm on what service says is the latest software version. S19A_19.07.2-312706.

All functions of the Remote app have been working the last 3 days. Not sure what triggered it to start working as the Android app has not been updated in almost a month.

The last remaining issues I still have are:

1) the home screen shortcuts such as the EV Panel are not sticking, and I have to turn creep mode back on after every drive...when I get back in the car for the next drive Creep is always off.

2) When I press and hold on the home screen and add the EV Panel shortcut (screenshot 1). I then turn Creep (middle button) ON. Everything stays that way until I turn the car off. When I start it back up it looks like screenshot 2. The EV Panel is still there, but the 3 buttons at the bottom are gone, and Creep has been turned off.

My case manager at JLR corporate doesn't know why that's happening but said the best way to document it is to call or show my local service dept and ask them to open a "TA" case with Jaguar so they can document it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190320_094509_1553284876305.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1533   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190320_113050_1553284892295.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1535  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfan View Post
Update 3/22/19:

Black screens have seem to gone away. I'm on what service says is the latest software version. S19A_19.07.2-312706.

All functions of the Remote app have been working the last 3 days. Not sure what triggered it to start working as the Android app has not been updated in almost a month.

The last remaining issues I still have are:

1) the home screen shortcuts such as the EV Panel are not sticking, and I have to turn creep mode back on after every drive...when I get back in the car for the next drive Creep is always off.

2) When I press and hold on the home screen and add the EV Panel shortcut (screenshot 1). I then turn Creep (middle button) ON. Everything stays that way until I turn the car off. When I start it back up it looks like screenshot 2. The EV Panel is still there, but the 3 buttons at the bottom are gone, and Creep has been turned off.

My case manager at JLR corporate doesn't know why that's happening but said the best way to document it is to call or show my local service dept and ask them to open a "TA" case with Jaguar so they can document it.
Was 19A loaded by the dealer or did it just show up OTA?

Photon Red FE
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Was 19A loaded by the dealer or did it just show up OTA?
Dealer installed it. Both they and my JLR case manager told me that OTA updates still aren't happening. However my case manager told me that they were just recently trained on handling OTA update cases so he think they're going to start soon, he just doesn't know when.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:16 PM

It sucks that it matters what dealer you go to as to whether you can get updates or not. I am not used to that at all.

If I knew exactly what com hardware was acceptable, I'd have already bought it and used Pathfinder to do my own updates, read codes, and do some datalogging. But I'm NOT buying a Panasonic Toughbook only to find out I have wrong cable. They can bite me. I have tons of 'garage' notebooks from XP to Win10pro.

4000 miles ago the car spewed a Traction Battery error. I never did find out what the error was. Right after it happened, I made an appointment to get the code read. They said they do it while I wait. After a couple hours, they said they didn't know when they would get to it. So I made an appointment at another dealer. When I arrived I was told it would take 9 days for them to read the code, no exaggeration. By the time I finally brought it in to get updates, the code could not be read. So if it happens again, I won't know if it's the same unimportant error, or something more serious. But at this stage, I'm not even sure they CAN read codes as strange as that might sound.

Trivia. That 'trouble' button in the car? Nobody there can read codes even though the car is connected just like OnStar. So the answer for all calls is 'do you want a tow truck?'. That is an expensive business model for sure.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfan View Post

Dealer installed it. Both they and my JLR case manager told me that OTA updates still aren't happening. However my case manager told me that they were just recently trained on handling OTA update cases so he think they're going to start soon, he just doesn't know when.
What dealership did you go to? I know if I ask my dealership they will say they don't have the update.
Latest on my case, my case manager said they are working with the dealership to exchange my car. However, when I asked questions about how that would work he couldn't answer so I asked to speak to his manager and still no call back (2 days).
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:34 AM

I went to Land Rover San Diego. I'm not sure if it helped that I had an open case with JLR and that case manager was in contact with the service dept rep, so they may have coordinated. But it's all a mystery to me how or who knows what the latest update it, but my service rep said I'm on the latest version (as of now, of course)
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:23 PM

With 19A (dealer installed) there are many new faults.
"billfan" you are correct, Creep turns off every time the vehicle is turned off and there is no way to change it.
The Air Quality Sensor does nothing even when triggered.
My rear camera works only every so often even when booting slow. Rear cross traffic monitor does not work when camera is not operational.
CarPlay screen randomly goes blank.

No Car
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
With 19A (dealer installed) there are many new faults.
"billfan" you are correct, Creep turns off every time the vehicle is turned off and there is no way to change it.
The Air Quality Sensor does nothing even when triggered.
My rear camera works only every so often even when booting slow. Rear cross traffic monitor does not work when camera is not operational.
CarPlay screen randomly goes blank.
My JLR case manager said the best way to make sure JLR is made aware of these issues is to have your local service dept open a "TA" ticket with JLR so they get properly documented. Hopefully the more people do this the more issues will get on JLR's radar and get prioritized for fixing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page