Rattling - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Rattling

Has anyone noticed rattling coming from the rear backseat or trunk? Its sometimes difficult to isolate noise, but from the drivers seat I hear rattling that sounds like its from the rear seats. I thought maybe the seat buckles, or maybe the rear seats (folding/unfolding) or the trunk lid cover and I adjusted all of those a little and still hear the rattling.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:42 PM

Rattling noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Has anyone noticed rattling coming from the rear backseat or trunk? Its sometimes difficult to isolate noise, but from the drivers seat I hear rattling that sounds like its from the rear seats. I thought maybe the seat buckles, or maybe the rear seats (folding/unfolding) or the trunk lid cover and I adjusted all of those a little and still hear the rattling.
Ive got noise coming from rear suspension or brakes, but its more like a rubbing noise. And it does like one two, two distinct noise one after another. I reported them, but like someone else said, dealer is only looking at what Jaguar tells them to do.

Noticed another issue, my drivers side windshield wiper is swiping past the windshield and into the pillar. Probably not good for the paint even though it is rubber.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Yes, I've heard a rattling noise and it turned out to be the tow hook tools underneath trunk mat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Yes, I've heard a rattling noise and it turned out to be the tow hook tools underneath trunk mat.
I will check those out tonite and see if its them
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:43 PM

I had something similar but I was able to trace it back to one of the back seats not being fully latched.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:21 AM

My loaner (I-Pace FE) has some pretty 'squeaky' brakes... especially at the stop/start speed of 1-2mph, but since a loaner I haven't bothered to care.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

I can confirm the rattling isn't coming from the trunk mat. Its either the back seats or seat belts. I need someone to sit in the back to figure it out
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 03:31 PM

I'm in the same boat. I have the same noise coming from the back and it drives me nuts.

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
My loaner (I-Pace FE) has some pretty 'squeaky' brakes... especially at the stop/start speed of 1-2mph, but since a loaner I haven't bothered to care.
Haha lucky you! My I-Pace is in the shop for the next 2-3 weeks due to infotainment and climate control screens going dark and all they had to give me was a Hyundai Tuscon. By the time I get my I-Pace back I'll have spent about $800 to drive around in a 3 year old Tuscon. I'm so sad to say that I feel like my next 3+years will be just waiting to get to a breakeven point where I can go buy a more reliable electric, of which there will be many great choices by 2021-2022. I can pretty much already say I won't be getting a Jag again, mostly due to how awfully slow the service is when you have issues. Only 2 dealers in my county and both are backed up 3 weeks for service at all times. I'd be more forgiving if I could get my car back within 3-4 days, but knowing it'll be 2-3 weeks (minimum) EVERY TIME there's an issues is just bonkers bat **** crazytown stupid. My last car was a Chevy Volt and it hardly ever needed anything in 3.5 years, and when it did, I was able to get an appt within 2-3 days and they fixed it within 1-2 days after that.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfan View Post
Haha lucky you! My I-Pace is in the shop for the next 2-3 weeks due to infotainment and climate control screens going dark and all they had to give me was a Hyundai Tuscon. By the time I get my I-Pace back I'll have spent about $800 to drive around in a 3 year old Tuscon. I'm so sad to say that I feel like my next 3+years will be just waiting to get to a breakeven point where I can go buy a more reliable electric, of which there will be many great choices by 2021-2022. I can pretty much already say I won't be getting a Jag again, mostly due to how awfully slow the service is when you have issues. Only 2 dealers in my county and both are backed up 3 weeks for service at all times. I'd be more forgiving if I could get my car back within 3-4 days, but knowing it'll be 2-3 weeks (minimum) EVERY TIME there's an issues is just bonkers bat **** crazytown stupid. My last car was a Chevy Volt and it hardly ever needed anything in 3.5 years, and when it did, I was able to get an appt within 2-3 days and they fixed it within 1-2 days after that.
I am really going to try to avoid the dealer until the first scheduled service in two years. Yes my screens are not always perfect but mostly good and self reset if given a bit of patience.

On topic.... my only rattle noise is a creak when going a bit diagonal up a driveway entrance. Seems like the frame twists some and the rear seats or something gives a creaking noise as I go up a driveway ramp. Not enough to endure the pain of going to the dealer and losing the use of the I-Pace.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page