Rattling - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to wait until there is a software update and I will bring the car in for that along with the rattling remediation. When you drive an electric car you hear sounds that you may not hear with an ICE car. The rattling makes me nuts. Hopefully when there is a software update it will fix intermittent Carplay issues (not running when you plug the phone in) and the right side of the dash screen. I have the display set to navigation and sometimes it jist shows an image of the I-Pace until i manually go in and toggle the display between navigation and odometer.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to wait until there is a software update and I will bring the car in for that along with the rattling remediation. When you drive an electric car you hear sounds that you may not hear with an ICE car. The rattling makes me nuts. Hopefully when there is a software update it will fix intermittent Carplay issues (not running when you plug the phone in) and the right side of the dash screen. I have the display set to navigation and sometimes it jist shows an image of the I-Pace until i manually go in and toggle the display between navigation and odometer.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:16 AM

I have the same rattling noise from the back seat and its gone when I fold down the right seat.
I tried everything from fixing the seat belts, removing everything from the trunk and put tape on all moving parts... no luck so far... its driving me nuts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
I am really going to try to avoid the dealer until the first scheduled service in two years. Yes my screens are not always perfect but mostly good and self reset if given a bit of patience.

On topic.... my only rattle noise is a creak when going a bit diagonal up a driveway entrance. Seems like the frame twists some and the rear seats or something gives a creaking noise as I go up a driveway ramp. Not enough to endure the pain of going to the dealer and losing the use of the I-Pace.
Now hat I have had the front suspension/struts updated, I now notice the same noise also.

I made sure nothing was moving in the trunk, but just something else to troubleshoot, or just live with.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Its crazy that multiple people are hearing the same rattling.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:42 PM

Any body else have a very high pitched but very quiet whine for 10-15 seconds at a time intermittently while driving? Doesn’t vary with speed or with braking. Thought maybe was the sound system but persists with sound system off. Ideas?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:06 PM

Never mind figured it out. It’s the climate fan. Anyone else hear this with cabin fan on? Seems louder at higher fan speeds.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtdavi3 View Post
Never mind figured it out. Its the climate fan. Anyone else hear this with cabin fan on? Seems louder at higher fan speeds.
Yes it seems to be the AC compressor - like a quiet but squeaky fan belt. Turn off the AC and it goes away. Drives me crazy and I'm considering a dealer visit although expecting the "it's normal and you only hear it because it's a quiet car" brush off.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 10:59 AM

Taking mine in next Thursday (my next day off). Will see what happens.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

supposedly dealer tightening the rear seat hinge(s) will fix the rattling??

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page