Weird Bugs of the Day: - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Weird Bugs of the Day:

My stereo started my morning with a Spanish Language FM station (93.9?). I don't use the FM setting. It happened when I dropped the car at the dealer a couple weeks ago, and I thought they did it. Apparently it's a bug.

The Jaguar iPhone Remote App went into an infinite loop asking me to Configure Notifications. I had to delete the app and reload it and it remembered everything once I entered the User and PW.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:31 PM

Minimally, always tune your FM radio to a station that won't make you want to crash on purpose - just in case! You never know when your car will run back to radio and the last thing you want is for some (pick your personal poison: RAP, Country, Scream Rock, Religious) station to pop on when you're too busy to diagnose what happened.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:16 PM

My temp controls started showing Celsius. Went away as soon as I turned the knob to change the temp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 AM

I've noticed that driver and passenger cannot have different HVAC fan speeds (pull up on rotary dials)? When one is changed, the other changes to match. Is this by design or software bug? Why offer 2 controls if they must remain identical? At first I confirmed that the temps can vary but fan speed not. However, after really playing around with it, I couldn't even get the temps to be different without them reverting to match after a few seconds. (I haven't tried the rear dials to see if these quirks exist for the rear passengers, but I did notice on the Climate menu you can "lock" the rear HVAC controls - good feature with kids!)
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I've noticed that driver and passenger cannot have different HVAC fan speeds (pull up on rotary dials)? When one is changed, the other changes to match. Is this by design or software bug? Why offer 2 controls if they must remain identical? At first I confirmed that the temps can vary but fan speed not. However, after really playing around with it, I couldn't even get the temps to be different without them reverting to match after a few seconds. (I haven't tried the rear dials to see if these quirks exist for the rear passengers, but I did notice on the Climate menu you can "lock" the rear HVAC controls - good feature with kids!)
Do you by any chance have the "Sync" soft touch key on the lower touchscreen activated? That syncs both front and rear passenger climate settings to the driver settings.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I had this problem with the controls where sync was pressed and rear seat would take control of their fan speed which understandably turns off sync. However when sync was off the rear fan control was changing the front seat controls to change based on what rear seat passenter was doing. I was about to kill my kids. Software was updated and reinstalled for infotainment and this restored touch screens operation which was out and as well corrected the rear seats overriding the front seat fan control. Kid's lives spared lol.
deafsoundguy, ryzvy and Sbingham60 like this.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguidizi View Post
I had this problem with the controls where sync was pressed and rear seat would take control of their fan speed which understandably turns off sync. However when sync was off the rear fan control was changing the front seat controls to change based on what rear seat passenter was doing. I was about to kill my kids. Software was updated and reinstalled for infotainment and this restored touch screens operation which was out and as well corrected the rear seats overriding the front seat fan control. Kid's lives spared lol.

whilst on the topic, does anybody out there use the 'smart climate' feature? I do, as the vast majority of the time, I'm solo in the car. When the 'smart climate' is ON, and the front passenger's seat is empty, the passenger's climate control knob displays the smart climate symbol rather than a temperature setting. Makes sense. But, I noticed that with the rear seats also unoccupied and 'smart climate' turned on, both of the rear control knobs display a temperature, rather than the smart climate symbol, suggesting that the rear seat climate controls remain operational. Anybody have any thoughts/ similar experience?

tx-

drscott

SE
silicon silver
driver assist
adaptive dynamics/AdSR
HUD
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzvy View Post
Do you by any chance have the "Sync" soft touch key on the lower touchscreen activated? That syncs both front and rear passenger climate settings to the driver settings.
I deliberately turned sync OFF before reporting this result.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 08:24 AM

Had the car exactly one week; only about 100 miles on it as we are waiting for the clear bra to be put on next Tuesday. AZ is terrible for rock, dirt and gravel flying on freeways.
Besides all the usual and normal quirks that everyone is having something new happened.
Started (booted) the car yesterday and no HUD display. Also, no HUD menu in the drivers menu; no HUD menu at all! Like I don't even have the option.
This morning couldn't sleep all pissed off about all the problems i'm having with this new car. I find that fuse 26 in the passenger fuse box located under the rear seat controls the HUD.
I pull the 10 amp fuse, nothing wrong with it, put it back in. Put back seat together. Started (booted) car and behold HUD menu is back. but HUD is not enabled (check box in menu) and all previous HUD settings have been disabled.
This seems to indicate that the HUD needed a complete lack of power (pulled fuse) to 'reboot' itself.

Porsche Macan GTS
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 08:28 AM

Ok this is starting to really indicate some lack of QC in software development of control system design. I mean to have to do a power cycle for a system to be restored. I wonder how much of this stuff is rooted in the Windows embedded design and the choice to use it. It also explains the lag in response that the entire UI shows.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page