Problems or Trouble Free? - Page 5 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 32
Non working tailgate

Closing loop on above scenario re non-functioning tailgate. I sent it back to the dealership and they have advised me (1) a fuse was installed incorrectly and (2) they had factory update to clean ground wires on tailgate !! I did not really understand the fuse comment as it had been working but regardless, may want to be aware of (2).
In fairness to Jaguar - very easy to send the car back and delivering it to me tomorrow.
gordondd is online now  
post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 PM
kmp
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 15
A few problems...

I picked up my car in mid-January and have ~275 miles on it. Three problems have occurred that seem like software problems - but I won't know that for sure until it is returned from the shop where it is now.


1. From Day 1, the screen above the steering wheel was not operable/changeable via the thumb wheel. It displayed one gauge in the middle, the nav system on the right, and a series of blinking error messages on the left that could not be cleared. The thumb wheel does control the volume on the radio well so I don't think that is the source of the problem.



2. Intermittent connection issues with the Remote App on my iPhone. Worked for a few days, stopped for about 10 days, began again spontaneously. In the interim I called Jaguar support and they checked the servers/etc. and said things looked OK there. They recommended asking the Dealer to look at it.



3. Most recent issue was the failure of my ChargePoint charger to get a satisfactory hand-shake with the car on two separate scheduled midnight-6AM charging sessions. It had worked twice before, Then stopped for these more recent ones. Chargepoint did their diagnostics and said everything was OK from their end, The car's battery manager was "not accepting" the charge.


Bottom line: I love the performance of the car - handling, acceleration, etc, as well as the high quality of the physical elements of the car. But I definitely feel like a beta-tester of a new piece of software. I'm old enough to remember the joke about the British drinking warm beer because of the poor quality of Lucas electronics. And to have experienced same on a Triumph TR-3 I had in the early 70s. For this car I was hoping that this was in the past... But now I am not so sure! Just hoping they get these bugs worked out!
kmp is offline  
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp View Post
I picked up my car in mid-January and have ~275 miles on it. Three problems have occurred that seem like software problems - but I won't know that for sure until it is returned from the shop where it is now.
1. From Day 1, the screen above the steering wheel was not operable/changeable via the thumb wheel. It displayed one gauge in the middle, the nav system on the right, and a series of blinking error messages on the left that could not be cleared. The thumb wheel does control the volume on the radio well so I don't think that is the source of the problem.
2. Intermittent connection issues with the Remote App on my iPhone. Worked for a few days, stopped for about 10 days, began again spontaneously. In the interim I called Jaguar support and they checked the servers/etc. and said things looked OK there. They recommended asking the Dealer to look at it.
3. Most recent issue was the failure of my ChargePoint charger to get a satisfactory hand-shake with the car on two separate scheduled midnight-6AM charging sessions. It had worked twice before, Then stopped for these more recent ones. Chargepoint did their diagnostics and said everything was OK from their end, The car's battery manager was "not accepting" the charge.
Bottom line: I love the performance of the car - handling, acceleration, etc, as well as the high quality of the physical elements of the car. But I definitely feel like a beta-tester of a new piece of software. I'm old enough to remember the joke about the British drinking warm beer because of the poor quality of Lucas electronics. And to have experienced same on a Triumph TR-3 I had in the early 70s. For this car I was hoping that this was in the past... But now I am not so sure! Just hoping they get these bugs worked out!
Just some tips that work for me. If your roller is broken, then they won't do much.

1) The roller switch pushes down to access configuration menus along with the L and R arrows next to it. A light touch is required to scroll volume or menu picks. Pushing down will select options, or close a warning message. I have mine pretty much ALL ON for the menu items. And my dash is, L to R: Drivers Assist window (tells you the Steering Assist status). Center is Speedo surrounded by time, temp, odo, and a multi-function field that is cycled by pushing the end button of the Left stalk, hold it down to zero a gauge. To the right is my NAV. My HUD shows speed, ACC mph setting/status, speed limit, NAV turn info when turn is coming up, and the Next Song on supported media. All of this was set in the Roller Menu selections.

2) I have connection delays, but I also have terrible cell reception at home. It takes longer to refresh and set than I like.

3) Don't unlock your car after plugging in DCFC. It will stop the session. Poor handshaking with DCFC stations has been a curse for all brands at certain chargers.

I'd say 1/2 the 'bugs' we encounter at first, are either not understanding how a control really works (the manual is poor/wrong), or external forces. But JLR is responsible for a lot of them too.

I had to sit in my garage for 1 hr twice, playing with the roller commands, playing with the center display's 5 menu pages, the Climate Screen, and General Settings. First hour was shortly after purchase just to config the car the way I like. The next was after a couple months, I went through everything again to get a greater understanding of what the control settings actually did.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
Closing loop on above scenario re non-functioning tailgate. I sent it back to the dealership and they have advised me (1) a fuse was installed incorrectly and (2) they had factory update to clean ground wires on tailgate !! I did not really understand the fuse comment as it had been working but regardless, may want to be aware of (2).
In fairness to Jaguar - very easy to send the car back and delivering it to me tomorrow.
@gordondd - was wondering about the outcome. Seems odd that the locks would work, but not the motor. Fuse listing under the load compartment just says fuse 17 is the Rear Tailgate module. The other doors have separate fuses per door. Hard to say if the locks are managed separately based upon the fuse description. Happy to hear you'll get the car back tomorrow after the warranty.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is offline  
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
@gordondd - was wondering about the outcome. Seems odd that the locks would work, but not the motor. Fuse listing under the load compartment just says fuse 17 is the Rear Tailgate module. The other doors have separate fuses per door. Hard to say if the locks are managed separately based upon the fuse description. Happy to hear you'll get the car back tomorrow after the warranty.
Thanks - irony of the simple repair and trying to be a greener consumer - the I-Pace took a 2 hour 30-minute ride on the back of a flatbed truck, each way to fix the issue!
Sbingham60 likes this.
gordondd is online now  
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 32
Car returned and working. Dealership paperwork indicates "SSM 74195" which they told me was an alert - "they cleaned grounds at the rear as no communication with tailgate". I only pass along as maybe worthwhile to have done if your vehicle in for service/repair on another item.
Sbingham60 likes this.
gordondd is online now  
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 125
Almost a month later I got my car back after taking it in for a charging issue. (Wouldn’t Charge) The things they replaced are the following: TK10142 harness, C2Z31963 Latch-Bonnet, T4K10173 Charger- Battery. However there is a new issue. I keep getting a Unable to Connect 015 message on the infotainment system. Anybody ever receive this message?
Jagpa is online now  
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 356
I got 'radio not available' once. Weird, but I couldn't get any music at all. Stopped for gas - er, I mean coffee, restarted and then it worked fine. Then at one time my backup camera stayed on until I touched the panel (even though I was already driving away (forward). Those are really the only 2 software glitches (or problems at all) that I've had in 2 months and almost 2000 mi.
dtgsrq is online now  
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 34
Reposting this just to get it to the top of the active topics again. Would be nice if people updated it with their experience. Would be especially good to hear from those who have had a (relatively) trouble free experience since handover as well as the usual kvetchers who post nothing but bad stuff
As for myself, after 3 and a half months and just under 3,000 miles, I have had nothing major and just minor software bugs and glitches: enough to be annoying but not disastrous. Other than these the car is a true beast to drive, as in amazing, and the best non sports sports car I have ever been behind the wheel of.
Mister Dave likes this.
JonB is offline  
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 646
I dont have much on mine yet. 2 weeks of driving and 1000 miles there have been no issues outside all the listed software glitches. Im headed back and will have more stick time and will update.
Mister Dave likes this.
epirali is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Plans Value and Infotainment Problems PGhiron Technical Discussion 40 04-02-2019 02:36 PM
Detroit Free Press article gordondd 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 10 12-01-2018 06:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome