Traction Battery Fault, Wheels Locked Up - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I would ask them to just get you a new car. There are still several Red FEs out there.
Not a bad idea. @SipherHex - you have a unique problem that is making the car unusable. I'm hoping they have provided a loaner I-Pace. Looking at Stevens Creek Jaguar, they are showing 15 I-Pace models in inventory. If they can't give you a loaner, then I would expect them to place a new order for you and take your car into their own inventory once it is repaired. If they have something close to what you ordered on the lot (they have 5 Firenze Red), you might see what they can do. Though it looks like yours may have been a First Edition Photon Red? and they don't have an FE in stock.

Now that we are past Christmas and New Years, New Jersey should be a little more responsive to the dealer. Good luck.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I would ask them to just get you a new car. There are still several Red FE’s out there.
Not a bad idea. @SipherHex - you have a unique problem that is making the car unusable. I'm hoping they have provided a loaner I-Pace. Looking at Stevens Creek Jaguar, they are showing 15 I-Pace models in inventory. If they can't give you a loaner, then I would expect them to place a new order for you and take your car into their own inventory once it is repaired. If they have something close to what you ordered on the lot (they have 5 Firenze Red), you might see what they can do. Though it looks like yours may have been a First Edition Photon Red? and they don't have an FE in stock.

Now that we are past Christmas and New Years, New Jersey should be a little more responsive to the dealer. Good luck.
Another forum member Wattajag had a similar issue but with more miles on the car and they did it for him. I certainly would not want to keep brand new car with a negative CarFax right out of the gate.

Looking at inventory online there are at least a half-dozen Photon Red FEs within 150 miles of you. Let the dealer have the lemon!

Photon Red FE
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Yes. Strange as it may seem, as I only had 370 miles -- yours was "sooner"?!! They absolutely should just find you a new one. In my case, they gave me choices of other cars that they had coming where the original orderer had cancelled. I actually accepted an HSE that was actually in a color I preferred (blue vs. the photon red). It had a couple less whistles (but pretty much all of the bells I wanted!), and got back $2700.

Now, that said - I've only had it for 2 days, and have 111 miles on it, so ... fingers crossed that lightning will fail to strike twice!! Good luck!
sciencegeek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. Hope your new one goes smoothly. Mine made it a whopping 36mi before croaking.

I was put in a LR Discovery loaner, you're right, should be an IPace for an IPace.
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipherHex View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Hope your new one goes smoothly. Mine made it a whopping 36mi before croaking.

I was put in a LR Discovery loaner, you're right, should be an IPace for an IPace.
No way! Disco’s aren’t bad cars, but they certainly are not in the same class as an I Pace! An $90k car should have been replaced by a 90k car! You have been way too generous and patient with them.

Photon Red FE
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

The saga continues... Jaguar not covering themselves in glory here on what should be a non-brainer.

No update on service. JLR NA is processing an application to have the car repurchased. They have to consult with their Consumer Affairs division to see if this circumstance qualifies. However, they just blew their deadline to get back to me on that.
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipherHex View Post
The saga continues... Jaguar not covering themselves in glory here on what should be a non-brainer.

No update on service. JLR NA is processing an application to have the car repurchased. They have to consult with their Consumer Affairs division to see if this circumstance qualifies. However, they just blew their deadline to get back to me on that.
I blame it more on the dealer vs. JLR. Without knowing wattajag’s exact circumstance, it certainly seems as if his dealer was Johnny on the spot negating his purchase and getting him a new car. It would seem as if they took all the liability upfront and can only assume they then worked it out with JLR, dealer to manufacturer. Your dealer should do the same. You should be insulated from that process and be given a new car ASAP...

If my guess is right about the dealer not owning the process, I would suggest you wash your hands of this dealer and go down the road to the next available...

Photon Red FE
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 10:00 PM

Just to say, I had no prior relationship with the Jag dealer. They stepped right up with an attitude of "what can we do to make this right?" Did I want to keep the car and have them fix it, or here was the list of cars coming in over the next month that they could replace it with.
Dantrium and epirali like this.
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
Just to say, I had no prior relationship with the Jag dealer. They stepped right up with an attitude of "what can we do to make this right?" Did I want to keep the car and have them fix it, or here was the list of cars coming in over the next month that they could replace it with.
That's exactly what they should do. They shouldn't make the customer 'suffer' while they work out the details with corporate. Like yours did for you, SipherHex's dealer should have accepted the burden of a broken car and got him a new one ASAP, especially since there are at least a half-dozen, exactly the same, within a few hundred miles. I think it is shameful they have drug their feet on this, especially in light of the fact there was less than 50 miles on the car went it imploded!
WattAJag likes this.

Photon Red FE
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

The latest update. On Tuesday the dealer called and said they are now going to try to fix the issue by replacing the front EPIC (DC-AC motor inverter controller) and regenerative braking system. Parts coming in next day.

Here we are on Friday and they did the repair, but... it did not resolve the issue. So now are offering to start working on replacing the vehicle. No ETA for that yet. TBD.

Gotta say, folks in SF Bay Area take note of the timeline here and take into consideration where you shop. yeesh.

PS Dealer service contact said the rear wheels locking up is actually heavy braking on them which is a safety feature of the car any time the front motor is 'free wheeling' and the steering is deflected. Is apparently intended to keep from having damaging mechanical stress on front suspension components. Interesting concept.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page