Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

display panel not working at all

25K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Mister Dave 
#1 ·
Hi
Can someone help
My I pace is fully charged but both the upper and lower display panels are not turning on when i am driving
thanks
LP

#2 ·
This seems to be the most common problem with new i-Paces.
My display stopped working, but I only had to shut down, remove USB stick, restart (fully), then reinstall stick and all was good.

Note that if you put it into Low Power mode from the MyEV screen#2, this deliberately blanks out the center console screen to save energy. But you'll see the battery saver icon on the lower right margin of the dash:

Reactions: dtgsrq
#3 ·
Same issue - Mine has been in the shop since last Wednesday. Apparently there is a new software update, and they are waiting for Jag UK to confirm overnight if the new update they have provided is ok.

The dealer advised that they have now had 2 others in as well since mine came in.

#4 ·
Exact same situation here and happened more or less as soon as i left the dealer less then 1 week ago. A car like this really shouldn't have such buggy software, but it is what it is. I went back to the dealer after day 3 and they confirmed that there are many experiencing the same and a software fix is in the pipeline from Jaguar, lets hope before Christmas.

#5 ·
It's certainly an interesting situation. Computer code always behaves the same way at the same branches. All are 1/0.
So unless there is a hardware factor, or an external program that is locking up (cellphone O/S, wifi, etc), it is caused by some selection in the branch.

Many cars will exhibit strange behavior if the boot sequence is interrupted. For those who are concerned, try to activate the car with more delay time.
Hit the unlock button even if it's unlocked to start to wake it.
Push the brake down. Hold the ON/OFF button a full second minimum.
Get to the HOME screen, which is three boxes, R to L: Phone, Media, NAV.
Phone should be lit, wait for Media to wake up, then wait for NAV to wake up.
Now drive.
It can take up to 1 minute, or it can be instant. Not sure what the infotainment computer is looking for, but it is looking for something.

Reactions: WattAJag
#6 ·
BTW I was looking through the menu structure and was somewhat dismayed to learn that you can ALSO blank the screen by assigning it to do to favorite button. That is a REALLY strange item to put on there as a possible choice. I sure hope that isn't what some people are having happen???

#7 ·
Wondering if anyone has an update on this or their experience? Our I-Pace was purchased brand new on 2/24 and on 3/8 the center stack screens (infotainment and climate) completely stopped working and the system turned the heat on and it could not be turned off. Back at the dealer now, they should be looking at it in the next few days.

#8 ·
Same issue a couple of weeks ago. Blank Infotainment and climate screens. Climate system running all the time. Incontrol app cannot connect to the I-Pace. Brought it into SF Jaguar, and they updated the IMC software. Once they did the update, all of the issues disappeared. Everything continues to functioning correctly.

#9 ·
There are a few threads on this since it's a common issue many on the forums here before you experience this few lucky ones haven't. I have been in three times for this for software upgrades and the last time to have the telematics control unit replaced. Since they replace the TCU my screens have been solid not completely bug free but pretty solid and haven't turned off at all. Ask your local dealers if they have dealt with this. Call around to see if one has experience with the issue. The dealer I went to, went to school on my car, 1st to be serviced at their dealership.

#10 ·
Aloha Billfan;
As I mentioned our I-pace was scheduled to return to Honolulu yesterday for the screen issues (2nd time in 1100 miles) and it missed the boat! Turns out on the way home with the car the screens lit back up and as of now all is working as normal. Waiting for a new sailing day to get the car back to the dealer so they can figure out what's going on. I'm starting to wonder if it might not be a connector that is loose as both times we have had these issues the screens returned to normal at some point and then blacked out again. I'll keep you updates.

#11 ·
The most useful advice of my otherwise 100% clueless sales rep was:

"Pleeeeaaaase wait for the main screen to give you the "touch screen to proceed" or wait for it to show the home screen. Do not start driving right away!!!!! Remember to give it time to boot up!!!!"

He was so adamant about it that I solemnly swore to always do that, and I've been doing that. Never had a problem. This does not prove anything but it's an experiment that is worth doing if you're having trouble.

#15 ·
There is another possibility that might help.

Hit the climate button on your phone before you get into the car. Wait for it to engage.
Or set your Precondition Setting on your phone and car.

These seem to awaken the computers in the car prior to startup.

#16 ·
Haha I'd love to but the entirety of the Incontrol Remote app has not worked consistently since day 2 of owning the car. Even after refreshing and waiting for several minutes, the app always shows a last updated date/time of at least 3 days ago. Currently the last time it updated was 3/15 at 2pm so all the information it shows on Page 1 is from that date/time, so nothing is accurate. Trying to precondition results in an error message after about 1 minute saying "It is taking longer than expected to contact your vehicle. The request is still in progress"...then it just stops trying. Then if you hit the precondition button a second time, it will try again for another minute then say "Sorry, we were not able to start Remote Climate. This may be because of a connection issue between your device and the vehicle". I have a case open with JLR about this (open for 2 weeks now) and they have no idea what's wrong. We've tried with my phone on data and the car on WiFi, my phone on WiFi and the car on data, vice versa and every other combination. So far in 1 month of ownership I've gotten about 5 useful seconds of accurate functionality from the app. These are the moments I regret not buying a Tesla. =(

#21 ·
Here are my updates after the first 3 weeks of ownership:
- At the 2 week mark, the infotainment and climate control screens stopped working and the heater wouldnt turn off. Incontrol App also would not work at all...no accurate information because it couldnt update the data from the car. Opened issue with JLR tech support, they said they could not get a signal from the car.

-Brought it into dealership for service immediately because car was undriveable (got too hot inside because heater wouldnt turn off...plus no screens). Service said they were backed up 2 weeks-ish. I complained and escalated to manager. They moved my car up and looked at it after 5 days. Took another 2 days of them fiddling with it along with JLR headquarters technicians to do 3 software updates.

-Got my I-Pace back on 3/15, all screens working properly (although still take a while to boot up on a fresh start of the car) but now when I try to add certain shortcuts to the Home screen (such as the EV Panel which gives you shortcuts to Creep mode and Regen mode) will not stick. Every time I start the car again the EV Panel Title Bar still shows but the Creep, Regen buttons are gone. Have to delete the shortcut and re-add to get it to stay. Creep function, even when I turn on, reverts back to Off the next time i start the car. So every day now I have to delete the EV Panel shortcut, re-add it, then re-enable Creep. Very annoying.

-Incontrol app was still not working until today, 3/19. still working with JLR support, who said I needed to bring it back into service dept. I did NOT want to do that but felt like I had no choice. All of a sudden today, the app seems to have magically started working, including pre-conditioning functionality which never worked before today. Last time the app was updated was 2/28 so no idea why it's working now and not before.

-Spoke to service rep today and we agreed that I would test the app for the next 2 days and call him on 3/21. If it's not still working well I'll bring it back in and they'll make it a priority to look at, as well as the issue of Home page shortcuts and Creep mode not sticking

-Still have my case open with JLR tech support. Told them I'll update them in a few days of using the Incontrol app, and they can coordinate with my service dept if the app stops working.

Attached is a copy of what service did to my vehicle last week. I'm not sure how to tell what software version I'm on in the car so if anyone can tell me what I can look and update this.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.