OK to Drive with Caution, Traction Battery Fault Detected. - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:37 AM

My wife got this error last night after work....but the car is dead. Won't power forward or reverse. It rained all day here, so I'm curious if that had anything to do with the problem. Car was at a 70% SOC. I have a feeling that we might get there this morning and it will suddenly work again, but if not it is getting towed to the dealer. I guess it will have to go to the dealer regardless, because having the car randomly completely brick-out on us is not good.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:29 AM

To record that I've had same problem with "traction battery fault detected". Battery 100% charged. Went to start early morning and had this message. No drive or reverse. Locked car and called Jaguar assistance and was asked to detail fault message. When I returned to car the problem didn't exist and car seemed fine....is this a software glitch?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
To record that I've had same problem with "traction battery fault detected". Battery 100% charged. Went to start early morning and had this message. No drive or reverse. Locked car and called Jaguar assistance and was asked to detail fault message. When I returned to car the problem didn't exist and car seemed fine....is this a software glitch?
Yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:16 AM

I have the same battery traction error on my i-pace. The warning light came on and Jaguar Assist could not help. Its been with the dealer for 5 weeks and they tell me it is just fixed. I have only had it a few weeks so I am gong to ask for a replacement .
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have the same battery traction error on my i-pace. The warning light came on and Jaguar Assist could not help. Its been with the dealer for 5 weeks and they tell me it is just fixed. I have only had it a few weeks so I am gong to ask for a replacement .
Hi there:

A replacement of the entire car? May I ask why? Do you know what was replaced and/or how it was fixed?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 PM

I would assume the lemon law would kick in. If a car has been in the shop for more than 30 days then you can request buyback or new car per law...at least in texas

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page