Bug Fix Thread, list any bug fixes you've found. - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By McRat
  • 3 Post By sciencegeek
  • 1 Post By epirali
  • 1 Post By WattAJag

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Bug Fix Thread, list any bug fixes you've found.

In a previous life, I was a CAD/CAM software developer and still use CAD/CAM/DNC software.
What we learned back in the late 1970's was that software was buggy, and when Windoze came out, it became REALLY buggy.
So we had work-arounds, aka bug-fixes. These are second paths you can take to bypass the event that hits the buggy code.

Example:
  • If you push the start button with your foot on the brake, do not push REV or D yet. Push the NAV button. It will often say 'Not available' yet. Wait until it's available if you are not in a hurry, this seems to help. There is a WAITING icon while it tries to hook. I believe the stack has not fully booted yet.
  • If you have a NAV window on your dashboard display that just shows a car, try giving the NAV directions and start driving, usually at the first turn requiring instruction, the dash map with appear.
  • Lack of full regen for the first 10-20 miles. You can watch the green 'Regen Limit' bar on your radial energy graph. Simply do not charge to past 95% by whatever means possible. This might involve an advanced L2 EVSE with charging limit functions.
  • "Put Hands On Wheel" when you have your hands on the wheel. When I put my thumb on the top of the thumb pad (at 10/2), and keep my fingers on the far side of the wheel at 9/3, I can basically rest my hand on the wheel with no torque input indefinitely. The No Hands delay is 20 seconds best I can tell at all speeds. Seems to be scary at 88mph, I'd keep it up 80 only.
sciencegeek likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 12:19 PM

One note: limited reign is not a big it truly is a feature of a full battery. Rest are software bugs or system glitches.

Btw this list is a bit too extensive even for a brand new car, JLR may need a better software team lead...worst bug I’ve seen in any other car so far was that the Bolt infotainmentwould fail to boot once in maybe hundreds of starts (blank screen) and that got fixed in a couple of months. But even that had a reboot by holding two buttons for 20 seconds and it worked.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Lack of full regen for the first 10-20 miles. You can watch the green 'Regen Limit' bar on your radial energy graph. Simply do not charge to past 95% by whatever means possible. This might involve an advanced L2 EVSE with charging limit functions.
I’m an EV novice, so I would like to understand what the purpose of not charging to 100% in order to have ‘full regen’? After 10 miles or so you would end up in the same place...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I’m an EV novice, so I would like to understand what the purpose of not charging to 100% in order to have ‘full regen’? After 10 miles or so you would end up in the same place...
McRat lives on top of a mountain
Joshuableu, epirali and WattAJag like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Also besides what SG pointed out you get used to just lifting your foot off the pedal to slow down/stop and sometimes I just wait for the car to stop and have to end up hitting the break, its no big deal but a little disconcerting...

Well not NEARLY as much as when I drive one of my ICE cars once in a while and am shocked when I turn the key, then again the first time I let go off gas and still cruise towards the parked car in panic....

WattAJag likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
It will save a small amount of kWhs, and save some brake wear if you leave at <95% of full charge. Not a biggie.
The iRemote app is SUPPOSED to do this, but the one I downloaded does not. Here's from the Jaguar USA website, read the options, one is Max Level of Charge:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iRemoteCharging.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	789  

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Played with the 'Blank Nav Screen' for the dashboard display. Seems sometimes it takes awhile for the NAV to lock on. So when I started today, I started it, left it in Park, pushed the center display NAV bar, and it took a minute to come on. When it came on, the dashboard NAV displayed within a couple seconds. The other way, was to cancel the destination, then re-select it.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
McRat lives on top of a mountain
I do live on top of a mountain. I really WANT to limit the charge to 95%. But, that's currently a manual process. However, since the app does tell us when the charging should be finished, I can set an Alexa alarm to get me (or somebody in the house) to stop it.
sciencegeek likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page