OEM Rims - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

OEM Rims

The I-Pace has been showcased with the same rim and it is sort of appealing, but probably won't cut it for me as I'm already getting bored and sick of it. Have you guys considered switching to another Jaguar rim from the other models on the line-up or are you hoping the production model will be brought forward with different rims? Or do you like these rims and are hoping they stay?

These are the rims that are currently on the I-Pace as we see it

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:42 PM

Those I-Pace rims won't make it into production, just too intricate for it to be financially feasible. But I wouldn't mind getting those as an option, or maybe the ones from the Jaguar XJ.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

I'm not too fond of those rims on the XJ... they seem too bland for the more exciting styling of the I-Pace in my opinion... maybe these ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM

The biggest problem will be finding something light weight because odds are what will come stock, is light weight. Im not wiling to spend $7,500+ for a new set of wheels. Only other wheels i'll get is a winter set, or just throw winters on these.

Anyone concerned about weight?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

I didn't even think about that. That should affect range quite a bit right? Isn't there talk about LRR tires or something around that?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Sprint View Post
I didn't even think about that. That should affect range quite a bit right? Isn't there talk about LRR tires or something around that?
Well if you start factoring in all the other ways you can negatively impact range by doing things aside from adding different wheels, then yes. Unless you have no option, like needing to haul extra cargo, then by all means go ahead, but no one NEEDS to have different wheels, they just want it. But at the same time theres no problem with that, just know what you're getting into.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:47 AM

We'll probably get cast aluminum wheels as those are pretty light, but I'm willing to take a range hit for a set of forged rims as those are sturdier and there's just so many potholes these days.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Not too worried about wheels failing like that, especially oem wheels. If they were some cheap XXR wheels or something then yea, but I can't see an OEM wheel failing that easily and if it does, you bet they'll cover it right away.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:00 AM

Which dimensions will you need on 20 inch rims and winter tires? Will rims for F-Pace fit on I-Pace?