Winter Wheelset - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Winter Wheelset

Spent about 3 hrs at the dealer getting winter wheelset installed + finally picking up the activity key that came originally with the car. Gonna miss the look of my summer tires - the 18s have a lot of rubber. They do ride quite a bit softer than the 22s. Curious to see any improvement in range - likely hard separate out the effect of winter/cold. The GOM did go up suddenly to 400km with 86% charge as soon as I started driving - seems to be correcting itself now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191203_110404.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	2973   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191115_114641.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	2975  

2020 Silicon Silver HSE
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 08:35 PM

What rims are they?

I purchased 4 18" rims and brought them to the dealer to have winters put on them (I got the car with 20" rims). I got a call saying that the brake callipers were hitting the rims. I did not have time to look into it, so I returned the rims and they put Pirelli Scorpion Winters on the stock 20" rims. I wanted to go to 18" rims because of the terrible roads (potholes everywhere) in winter in Montreal.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtquan View Post
Spent about 3 hrs at the dealer getting winter wheelset installed + finally picking up the activity key that came originally with the car. Gonna miss the look of my summer tires - the 18s have a lot of rubber. They do ride quite a bit softer than the 22s. Curious to see any improvement in range - likely hard separate out the effect of winter/cold. The GOM did go up suddenly to 400km with 86% charge as soon as I started driving - seems to be correcting itself now.
I expect lower range due to the increased rolling friction of the softer tires. Hard to separate tires from increased heating from the range impact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

They're a stock 18 inch set from Jaguar. These were the only ones listed on Budds Jaguar website as compatible.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page