Hearing a rub on the left rear when suspension is raised - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Hearing a rub on the left rear when suspension is raised

After taking delivery of the car, yesterday I was driving around the neighborhood with the media off - just listening to the quietness of the car. I stopped, put it in park, and raised the suspension up to "SUV mode" as I told my wife. I had the windows down and as I drove forward (10 mph or so) I could hear a rubbing sound coming from the left rear. It's weird that there would be a rub in raised mode - but wondering if anyone else experienced this.

I suppose I can get my wife to drive and I can get in the back seat and put my head out of the window to try to get a better sense of what it might be.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:05 PM

You should probably take it back in to the Service Department. There have been a couple of reports with different suspension problems and the dealer can assist. You get some noise with raise and lower, but shouldn't really get a rubbing sound.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:27 PM

Look in the wheel well area for anything that could contact the tyre.

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of hearing a rub in that area too. Turned out to be the little vertical aerodynamic deflector under the body just in front of the wheel well had become dislodged, pushed back by the air flow and rubbed on tyre. It rubbed until it was worn down and pushed to pointing straight back. A new one is on order.

There's a fastener on the inner end that kept it attached to the car. There are two tabs that fit into metal clips, plus a post between them, that go up into the underside. They are at least 1/2 inch long each. One clip was still in the underside and one clip on the outermost tab on the piece.

I was able to turn and position the piece back then push it into place just like it was originally. I have no idea how this happened since there is no sign of physical impact from anything. The length of the tabs and post would seem to make it impossible to come loose.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page