Tires supplied on North American models - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Tires supplied on North American models

Can any of those lucky enough to have their I Pace already tell me what tires come standard on the 20 inch rims? I can't find anything in Jag's literature.
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbillcb View Post
Can any of those lucky enough to have their I Pace already tell me what tires come standard on the 20 inch rims? I can't find anything in Jag's literature.

Don't know specifically about the 20" wheels, but I know my I-Pace with the 22" wheels is coming equipped with Pirelli P-Zero tires; I assume the Pirelli P-Zero tire is the standard summer tire on all USA bound I-Paces. But I could be incorrect. FWIW - when my Pirelli's wear out, I will likely go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (which have as good if not better grip, better traction in rain and longer tread wear); not a huge fan of the soft Pirelli's.
gbillcb likes this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbillcb View Post
Mine came with Goodyear 245/50 R20 105V All Season
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F5A2DD34-47DA-4CF4-B747-7F5748D5394A_1542581199443.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	589  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post

Ugh. Sorry. GY < Pirelli < Michelin. I've tried no less than a dozen tire brands and models on my sports cars & SUVs over the past decade or so...I've found that the Michelins are the best by far; don't think I would ever get GYs, but they'll eventually wear out and you can replace them with another brand. Best tires I've ever had are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Quote:

Ugh. Sorry. GY < Pirelli < Michelin. I've tried no less than a dozen tire brands and models on my sports cars & SUVs over the past decade or so...I've found that the Michelins are the best by far; don't think I would ever get GYs, but they'll eventually wear out and you can replace them with another brand. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG] Best tires I've ever had are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
I’ve been buying tires for 40 years. Every brand has ‘good’ and ‘bad’ tires. Not every Michelin tire is the best and not every Goodyear tire is the worst. I’ll withhold judgment on the tires that are on my car until I’ve got a few more miles on them. In my experience, TireRack does a pretty good job of reviewing tires and the user feedback is generally helpful.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I’ve been buying tires for 40 years. Every brand has ‘good’ and ‘bad’ tires. Not every Michelin tire is the best and not every Goodyear tire is the worst. I’ll withhold judgment on the tires that are on my car until I’ve got a few more miles on them. In my experience, TireRack does a pretty good job of reviewing tires and the user feedback is generally helpful.
Yeah, go look on the Internet for reviews on Michelin Pilot Super Sports and variants. I've had many Pirelli, Falken, GY, Bridgestone, BF GoodRich, Continental, etc. tires on my previous Porsche Macan Turbo, MB AMG, & BMW. My 700HP/TQ GT-R wears only the Michelin Pilot SS now; all others are crap on the GT-R, imho. In fact, after the horrible Bridgestone runflats that came with the GT-R wore out, I switched to the Michelin Pilot SS and never looked back.

The Michelins are the BEST all around tire for sports cars and sports SUVs. The Pirelli's are good but softer, while the Michelins have the best dry AND wet traction as well as longer tread wear. Hopefully you'll have good luck with the GY's on the I-Pace.

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 11-18-2018 at 08:02 PM.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 PM

Don't you want tires that have less rolling resistance for maximum range?
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Don't you want tires that have less rolling resistance for maximum range?

Sure, of course but certainly not at the sacrifice of traction (especially in rain); we often get torrential rainstorms here in South Florida and driving on the highway in such a storm can be quite unnerving when you either don't have the right tires and/or the right vehicle. I would say you can play with the inflation of the tires in terms of rolling resistance but again, over-inflating too much will cause excessive tread wear in the middle of the tires.

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for responding. I switched my BMW's run flats for Pilot SS and agree they're probably the best. Sounds like I'll have to wait and see if I get the GY all-seasons on my I Pace. If so, I'll wear'em out and replace them with the Michelins - and proper winter tires for this season. I don't like summer tires in cold temps - too much like hockey pucks!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 11:37 PM

I just checked my order. It says "Tyres Pirelli," "235/65R18 LRR All Terrain." I guess LRR means low rolling resistance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page