Dropped car for recall, driving Evoque loaner - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Dropped car for recall, driving Evoque loaner

What can I say! I drove to dealership for regen brake recall and infotainment software update. Car managed 19.6 kWh/100 miles (177 MPGe) in all city and slightly downhill driving. I received a Range Rover Evoque loaner and got 19 MPG coming home. It has a rough ride, unpredictable throttle, poor gearing, old navigation, small touch screen. Terrible car for the price. So happy with my I-Pace! To be fair the I-Pace probably would have managed "only" 80-90 MPGe coming home but the difference is so dramatic. How can ICE vehicles be the future?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:41 PM

Evoque would make a great EV choice, with a few improvements obviously. JLR should consider it, even if it's only PHEV.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
Evoque would make a great EV choice, with a few improvements obviously. JLR should consider it, even if it's only PHEV.
The Evoque is the right size and has great looks. You're right that it would work as an EV. It just needs Touch Pro, voice command and better suspension. I'm probably driving the bottom level model too.
Mister Dave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
The Evoque is the right size and has great looks. You're right that it would work as an EV. It just needs Touch Pro, voice command and better suspension. I'm probably driving the bottom level model too.
I have a thing about styling. I-Pace and Evoque both tickle my fancy. And yes, Evoque is a good size.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I have a thing about styling. I-Pace and Evoque both tickle my fancy. And yes, Evoque is a good size.
I can't say much about styling as I drove Saabs for over 30 years and they've been best described as an upside down bathtub. Lol My last one was a 2010 9-5 that really was nice looking.
Mister Dave likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:17 AM

I had to visit my Jaguar dealership just to schedule an appointment for the braking recall, since they ignored my phone calls. It took 20 minutes just to schedule the appointment. They're in the process of dismantling their loaner car program because of the deep cost-cutting measures that are being rolled out. They asked me if I wanted any additional updates while the car was in service, and I answered, "Uh, yeah, of course. Give me all the updates you've got."

Why do they bother asking? Why wouldn't anyone want all the latest software updates? Do any of the updates ever make things worse for the I-PACE?

I'd better be getting a charge at 100kW after this set of updates or I'm going to be slightly more grumpy.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLTSLA View Post
They're in the process of dismantling their loaner car program because of the deep cost-cutting measures that are being rolled out.
LOTSLA, is it the dealership that's cost cutting or is it Jaguar? Scary either way as it sounds like your dealer is experiencing a deep financial crisis but if it's Jaguar then we're all in trouble.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLTSLA View Post
I had to visit my Jaguar dealership just to schedule an appointment for the braking recall, since they ignored my phone calls. It took 20 minutes just to schedule the appointment. They're in the process of dismantling their loaner car program because of the deep cost-cutting measures that are being rolled out. They asked me if I wanted any additional updates while the car was in service, and I answered, "Uh, yeah, of course. Give me all the updates you've got."

Why do they bother asking? Why wouldn't anyone want all the latest software updates? Do any of the updates ever make things worse for the I-PACE?

I'd better be getting a charge at 100kW after this set of updates or I'm going to be slightly more grumpy.
Actually, I currently have 18D infotainment, and based on comments of the new 19A software releases I do NOT want to update yet until a future major release. So I am glad they ask.
epirali likes this.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:

Totally agree. The Evoque is a great looking car especially with some black wheels! We came within a hair of getting one before deciding to be the first to order a FPace in our neck of the woods. But the wife drove one, and lack of power and refined ride sent my wife away from getting that car. It about killed her waiting 9 months for her FPace.

Making one of those electric would certainly be a great thing. A little small, but I would highly consider one, and if it had a ReX in there it would float my boat for sure, as long as it has luxury options. The Discovery Sport we just had for a loaner did not look too great inside..... although it was one of the quietest cars I've ever driven so that was nice.
Mister Dave likes this.

2017 FPace - S Odyssey Red, black blades, black pack
2007 XK coupe in Black w Carelia wheels
2016 Cadillac ELR
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:42 PM

My car is going in this week for the recall and the gateway module update. I opted not to get a loaner car because I'm traveling and am dropping it off for a few days. They agreed to check all module software and apply all updates. I hear folks say S19A is buggy, well so is S18D in terms of load speeds and the occassional delay in allow backup cameras to show properly. I decided to get the whole package and will delete and reset my profile for good measure.

The gateway module update is a pretty big update. It touches a lot of modules that manage the entire car. It's worth considering.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page