Learned and used more features... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Learned and used more features...

I learned a few things I hadn't known and tried them out.

The best thing was learning how to do a forced reset on the guess-o-meter. After my high speed ~600 mile trip, I'm still only on my next charge, and the gom was showing a very discouraging distance to empty at 100% SOC of around 180 miles or so. I presume I would find that wasn't accurate as I drove that charge down, but it just felt bad.

Another poster had described the reset technique: turn on the electrical system (only), and depress the brake and accelerator together hard for about 15 seconds. I did it, and it showed 263 miles for the range, very briefly. Within 30 seconds or so, it showed 212. That was still low for near 100% charge, but much better. A short trip or two later I'm at a 92% SOC and showing 226 miles of range. That equates to a 245 range at 100% SOC, which seems a bit high. I'll track the mileage and see, and since I home charge at 50%, it doesn't matter a lot except psychologically to me. Still I liked that technique a lot.

I also just learned how the button at the end of the turn signal cycles through the displayed trip data on screen. It was slightly embarrassing not to know it, but now that I do it will be very useful.

I had known about the low power mode, but when I could have used it for better piece of mind on my 600 mile trip, I couldn't find it! I've since rediscovered it on one the second my EV charging imaging screens, so now I have access to it. Is that the only place where it's accessible?

Anyway, I'm now finally approaching almost full knowledge of the features set, as well as the quirk behavior that is contrary to the nominal functioning but not uncommon. It took longer than I thought it would, I must admit.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19

Last edited by LauderdaleFE; 06-08-2019 at 02:23 AM.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:33 AM

Two quick things:

1) Low power mode really doesnít seem to add much from other peoples (and my) observation. If you simply turn off AC/heat, wheel heat and drive in Eco and gently you will get the same results. The other systems really donít draw enough to make any significant difference (unless you end up 30 feet short, but them again a gentle headwind would cost you more).

2) The same button that cycles through trip data, in case you havenít discovered it yet, also will reset the data if you hold and keep holding.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 PM

I did a cheezy Video how to access Battery Saver Mode. It is the quickest way to switch into hypermiling mode. It's also the way I got it to past 270 miles per charge on SoCal freeways that were congested:

No, I'm quitting my day job to become a director, but thanks for asking!

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
I did a cheezy Video how to access Battery Saver Mode. It is the quickest way to switch into hypermiling mode. It's also the way I got it to past 270 miles per charge on SoCal freeways that were congested:

No, I'm quitting my day job to become a director, but thanks for asking!

Thanks for that demonstration. I only found it in the second place you showed it. I agree the first method is most efficient.

I notice it turns off the screen display. That can also be done down in other menus by choosing stealth mode, but this is again a quicker access.

Delivered 2/22/19
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Two quick things:

1) Low power mode really doesn’t seem to add much from other peoples (and my) observation. If you simply turn off AC/heat, wheel heat and drive in Eco and gently you will get the same results. The other systems really don’t draw enough to make any significant difference (unless you end up 30 feet short, but them again a gentle headwind would cost you more).

2) The same button that cycles through trip data, in case you haven’t discovered it yet, also will reset the data if you hold and keep holding.

Good points, and thanks!

Do you think the low power mode may sort of 'build in' gentle driving, by restricting the accelerator feed to the motors, though, meaning more than ECO does? Either by less travel of the pedal or less response to the same travel of the pedal?

Delivered 2/22/19
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:01 AM

@McRat - Your video is great but only works if you keep any of the screens stock . I have mine completely customized for my needs!

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Do you think the low power mode may sort of 'build in' gentle driving, by restricting the accelerator feed to the motors, though, meaning more than ECO does? Either by less travel of the pedal or less response to the same travel of the pedal?
It may Iíll try it out next time I get to drive my car in a few weeks. But if you put the car in Eco it already does that, and that is what I meant assuming you feather you acceleration and deceleration and drive in grandma mode then you will get the same effect.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
It may Iíll try it out next time I get to drive my car in a few weeks. But if you put the car in Eco it already does that, and that is what I meant assuming you feather you acceleration and deceleration and drive in grandma mode then you will get the same effect.

Understood, and thanks for your response.

And of course, anyone worried enough about remaining range to consider the low power setting would be driving cautiously on take offs and coasting.

Delivered 2/22/19

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page