Tested new map updates - Success! - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2761
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Tested new map updates - Success!

Despite the threat of a thunderstorm we drove the car out to the Eastern plains to see if the "unknown road" label was reduced. Yes it was - even on small country roads! Very nice and the nav seemed better.


We parked in the garage just as rain and hail started. Whew. The route planner too is awesome.
McRat and jsimon7777 like this.
2761 is offline  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 164
I experienced why the update was needed (I haven't succeeded on multiple tries so far).


The I-95 interchange around Daytona formerly had a direct left to enter going south, and has been replaced by a cloverleaf exit on the right side (same as the direct entry to northbound to Jacksonville, just one exit later).



Nav was telling me to turn left (which no longer existed there), but with good visibility in the daylight the signs were clear to enter from a right side on-ramp.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I experienced why the update was needed (I haven't succeeded on multiple tries so far).


The I-95 interchange around Daytona formerly had a direct left to enter going south, and has been replaced by a cloverleaf exit on the right side (same as the direct entry to northbound to Jacksonville, just one exit later).



Nav was telling me to turn left (which no longer existed there), but with good visibility in the daylight the signs were clear to enter from a right side on-ramp.
Lauderdale, what's been the problem updating? Perhaps someone can guide you through the process.
2761 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Lauderdale, what's been the problem updating? Perhaps someone can guide you through the process.

I get hung up on the 'register the car' screen.



After I give the VIN and hit the next button, I'm returned to the register car screen again.


Someone else reported the same thing. That's on the direct page.



The actual installer app tells me its not compatible with the current Apple OS version, still loads, but then prompts me to insert a simm chip.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Lauderdale, what's been the problem updating? Perhaps someone can guide you through the process.

I get hung up on the 'register the car' screen.



After I give the VIN and hit the next button, I'm returned to the register car screen again.


Someone else reported the same thing. That's on the direct page.



The actual installer app tells me its not compatible with the current Apple OS version, still loads, but then prompts me to insert a simm chip.
I had the same problem that seemed to resolve itself after a few days. I had entered my VIN a number of times and I gave up. A few days later I logged into the Route Planner website and followed the Maps and Services link which brought me to the map installer page. Not sure how it was fixed but the rest of the download and install was straight forward.

I don't know about your OS compatibility issue but perhaps someone else knows. You might have to contact Jaguar.

Sim chip? Are you on the OTA update page or is the site asking you for a USB flash drive?
2761 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I had the same problem that seemed to resolve itself after a few days. I had entered my VIN a number of times and I gave up. A few days later I logged into the Route Planner website and followed the Maps and Services link which brought me to the map installer page. Not sure how it was fixed but the rest of the download and install was straight forward.

I don't know about your OS compatibility issue but perhaps someone else knows. You might have to contact Jaguar.

Sim chip? Are you on the OTA update page or is the site asking you for a USB flash drive?

For the last, no, that was the updater install software. If it asked for a USB drive, I could have tried that.



I haven't retried in about two weeks so I'll check it out again with your experience encouraging me. Otherwise I'll have the dealer do it soon.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Here's the link provided by SBingham that worked for me:

https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/...on-ProductList

It led to a blank page for a few days but eventually worked. When I selected the link, the Route Planner website displayed, I logged in and I then selected "Maps and Services". My VIN was displayed even though it seemed I hadn't successfully entered it. Good luck!
2761 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Middle OH, USA, Earth
Posts: 136
Initial registration did seem to take overnight for me back nearly 2 months ago. It was not instantaneous or even within a couple of hours.
Ayepace is online now  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,329
Yeah, the Map Update site was down Friday but appears to be up today. Your thread reminded me, thanks! We were leaving for a trip and wanted the freshest map. No luck. We get to my daughter's city, and it could not find her street, we had to use Wase.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome