Tested new map updates - Success! - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2761

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Tested new map updates - Success!

Despite the threat of a thunderstorm we drove the car out to the Eastern plains to see if the "unknown road" label was reduced. Yes it was - even on small country roads! Very nice and the nav seemed better.

We parked in the garage just as rain and hail started. Whew. The route planner too is awesome.
McRat and jsimon7777 like this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 PM

I experienced why the update was needed (I haven't succeeded on multiple tries so far).

The I-95 interchange around Daytona formerly had a direct left to enter going south, and has been replaced by a cloverleaf exit on the right side (same as the direct entry to northbound to Jacksonville, just one exit later).

Nav was telling me to turn left (which no longer existed there), but with good visibility in the daylight the signs were clear to enter from a right side on-ramp.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I experienced why the update was needed (I haven't succeeded on multiple tries so far).

The I-95 interchange around Daytona formerly had a direct left to enter going south, and has been replaced by a cloverleaf exit on the right side (same as the direct entry to northbound to Jacksonville, just one exit later).

Nav was telling me to turn left (which no longer existed there), but with good visibility in the daylight the signs were clear to enter from a right side on-ramp.
Lauderdale, what's been the problem updating? Perhaps someone can guide you through the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Lauderdale, what's been the problem updating? Perhaps someone can guide you through the process.

I get hung up on the 'register the car' screen.

After I give the VIN and hit the next button, I'm returned to the register car screen again.

Someone else reported the same thing. That's on the direct page.

The actual installer app tells me its not compatible with the current Apple OS version, still loads, but then prompts me to insert a simm chip.

Delivered 2/22/19
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Quote:

I get hung up on the 'register the car' screen.

After I give the VIN and hit the next button, I'm returned to the register car screen again.

Someone else reported the same thing. That's on the direct page.

The actual installer app tells me its not compatible with the current Apple OS version, still loads, but then prompts me to insert a simm chip.
I had the same problem that seemed to resolve itself after a few days. I had entered my VIN a number of times and I gave up. A few days later I logged into the Route Planner website and followed the Maps and Services link which brought me to the map installer page. Not sure how it was fixed but the rest of the download and install was straight forward.

I don't know about your OS compatibility issue but perhaps someone else knows. You might have to contact Jaguar.

Sim chip? Are you on the OTA update page or is the site asking you for a USB flash drive?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I had the same problem that seemed to resolve itself after a few days. I had entered my VIN a number of times and I gave up. A few days later I logged into the Route Planner website and followed the Maps and Services link which brought me to the map installer page. Not sure how it was fixed but the rest of the download and install was straight forward.

I don't know about your OS compatibility issue but perhaps someone else knows. You might have to contact Jaguar.

Sim chip? Are you on the OTA update page or is the site asking you for a USB flash drive?

For the last, no, that was the updater install software. If it asked for a USB drive, I could have tried that.

I haven't retried in about two weeks so I'll check it out again with your experience encouraging me. Otherwise I'll have the dealer do it soon.

Delivered 2/22/19
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Here's the link provided by SBingham that worked for me:

https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/...on-ProductList

It led to a blank page for a few days but eventually worked. When I selected the link, the Route Planner website displayed, I logged in and I then selected "Maps and Services". My VIN was displayed even though it seemed I hadn't successfully entered it. Good luck!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM

Initial registration did seem to take overnight for me back nearly 2 months ago. It was not instantaneous or even within a couple of hours.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:04 PM

Yeah, the Map Update site was down Friday but appears to be up today. Your thread reminded me, thanks! We were leaving for a trip and wanted the freshest map. No luck. We get to my daughter's city, and it could not find her street, we had to use Wase.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page