Ended some experiments, tried others... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 93
Ended some experiments, tried others...

Today I decided to turn off some features I had enabled.


The down tilt on the rear view mirrors, and the enhanced access setting (lowering the chassis on turn off).


I did not find them useful for my needs.


I did try the universal window up/window down setting, with the global setting enabled. It worked well with the door button technique and the fob open/lock controls, both held down until it completed. That will be handy when I don't have time to precondition the cab before a trip, to help relieve a heat buildup quickly even before I enter the vehicle. Also if I leave the vehicle without raising my driver window, it's nice to get it up without re-entering.



My other activity was giving my brother and friend a test drive. They took turns in the front and back on the round trip, and pronounced they were impressed. They complimented the roominess, the large skylight, the quality of the interior, and the performance.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is online now  
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:32 AM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 667
Yes, I've also benefited from experimentation. Gotta set it up the way you want to.

I've taken a liking to Dynamic Mode. It's a nuisance that you have to enable it at the beginning of every drive but I find it worth while. It's so good that I really don't forget to turn it on when I start driving. A simple press of the button and you're off to the races.
NerdUno likes this.
sciencegeek is online now  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 93
I'm mostly in comfort mode myself. I figured the suspension would be a bit more forgiving that way.



Do you find dynamic a lot different?



One thing I just noticed is that powering off the car puts it in park automatically. It makes sense it would, but it was a slight surprise.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post

One thing I just noticed is that powering off the car puts it in park automatically. It makes sense it would, but it was a slight surprise.

One of my favorite, although quite minor, features. JLR took advantage of the lack of a mechanical shifter to do something that makes total sense!

However, killing the engine while in Park and opening the driver's door... now that typically runs averse to what I want.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Santorini Black/Black Window/Grill Trim
Ebony Leather Sport Seats/Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
22" 5069 Carbon Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 12/22/18
dtgsrq is online now  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Today I decided to turn off some features I had enabled.


The down tilt on the rear view mirrors, and the enhanced access setting (lowering the chassis on turn off).


I did not find them useful for my needs.


I did try the universal window up/window down setting, with the global setting enabled. It worked well with the door button technique and the fob open/lock controls, both held down until it completed. That will be handy when I don't have time to precondition the cab before a trip, to help relieve a heat buildup quickly even before I enter the vehicle. Also if I leave the vehicle without raising my driver window, it's nice to get it up without re-entering.



My other activity was giving my brother and friend a test drive. They took turns in the front and back on the round trip, and pronounced they were impressed. They complimented the roominess, the large skylight, the quality of the interior, and the performance.
I did the same about 8 weeks ago -
- turned off the mirror tilt and the access height as it really wasn't needed.
- Also turned off creep mode and high regen. I personally find the ride more comfortable and the car will coast a bit when the foot comes off the pedal, so I'm not interested in one pedal driving right now. Also keeps the break lights from coming on when you lift off the pedal to slow, so acts a bit more normal for those following.
- Tried turning off emergency lane keep, but it comes back on every time you start the car. I'm hoping a later update will allow it. This is different for LKA with and without cruise control on. Emergency Lane Keep tries to detect if a car next to you is coming into your lane. However, I get too many false positives on a particular road, which makes it a nuisance.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I'm mostly in comfort mode myself. I figured the suspension would be a bit more forgiving that way.



Do you find dynamic a lot different?

Its funny you said that, I find the suspension too bouncy for my tastes (20" wheels) in comfort, so I switch to Dynamic. But I don't always want the aggressive throttle so I just turn that to comfort or dynamic based on my mood. I am happy leaving the suspension and steering on dynamic.
epirali is online now  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
One thing I just noticed is that powering off the car puts it in park automatically. It makes sense it would, but it was a slight surprise.
My other vehicles do this is well. Unfortunately the IPace fails to switch to park sometimes, which I don’t discover until the car refuses to lock...

Photon Red FE
Dantrium is online now  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
One of my favorite, although quite minor, features. JLR took advantage of the lack of a mechanical shifter to do something that makes total sense!

However, killing the engine while in Park and opening the driver's door... now that typically runs averse to what I want.

I don't like that last behavior either.


I'm beginning to think it makes at least a little sense, though. The main drawback is cutting off the a/c for remaining passengers, but leave the fob there and they can start the electrical system (without the brake depressed, no worries on the car getting into gear) and have the air blow (or heating continue). I'm driving solo most of the time anyway. So it's mostly a minor annoyance that I'll grow to think is ok over time, I expect.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is online now  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
One of my favorite, although quite minor, features. JLR took advantage of the lack of a mechanical shifter to do something that makes total sense!

However, killing the engine while in Park and opening the driver's door... now that typically runs averse to what I want.

I don't like that last behavior either.


I'm beginning to think it makes at least a little sense, though. The main drawback is cutting off the a/c for remaining passengers, but leave the fob there and they can start the electrical system (without the brake depressed, no worries on the car getting into gear) and have the air blow (or heating continue). I'm driving solo most of the time anyway. So it's mostly a minor annoyance that I'll grow to think is ok over time, I expect.
It is very annoying and the work around that I suspect most use to avoid it - putting the car in Neutral (or leaving it in drive) and putting on the parking brake is less safe than simply NOT shutting the car off because it is in Park with the door open. The other annoying result of this is the only way to open the tailgate in that mode is with the button on the dash! It makes little rational sense!

Photon Red FE
Dantrium is online now  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 377
Almost every EV I have had has the same behaviour, it turn the engine "off" when the driver opens the door to get out, if left in Park and key in car. It must be either a safety issue, or that it is very common for people to leave their cars "on" and drain and walk away. Also would allow someone to drive off without the key.

The Leaf was the only car that allowed this and my wife kept leaving it on.
epirali is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome