Ended some experiments, tried others... - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM

I noticed sometimes when I get out, with car on, the car automatically turns off when I close the door and sometimes not. The car will honk at me if I try to lock and it's still on. Not sure why.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:12 PM

I, too, have noticed that opening the driver's side door doesn't 'kill' (turn off) the car 100% of the time. I've been wondering what specifically determines whether is stays on or off... any thoughts???
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:44 PM

I wish the screen would declare shutting down in 30 seconds with a button to delay 20 minutes.
Can remain locked in Park until the key and driver is detected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:32 AM

It is tied to the seat belt. If you put on and then take off the seat belt then it always shuts off. If you do not use your seat belt it stays on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I, too, have noticed that opening the driver's side door doesn't 'kill' (turn off) the car 100% of the time. I've been wondering what specifically determines whether is stays on or off... any thoughts???
epirali likes this.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
It is tied to the seat belt. If you put on and then take off the seat belt then it always shuts off. If you do not use your seat belt it stays on.
I have not attempted, but trust your reporting. Now, can anyone suggest *why* it behaves this way? What logic is behind this? Bewildering...
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
I have not attempted, but trust your reporting. Now, can anyone suggest *why* it behaves this way? What logic is behind this? Bewildering...
Not that case in my situation as I always use my seat belt
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Here's what I have found, and I tested it.

If you want: to get out of your car, but leave it 'running' then you just leave it in D (drive) and come to a stop. Then, open your door. Strange as this sounds, it will leave it in D, but apply the parking brake for you and allow you to exit the car with it sitting still (I have not tried this on a downhill, but it works on my driveway). It will beep at you, and let you press OK to acknowledge that the parking brake is on and the car is running.

If you put the car into P (park) and THEN open the door, the car will shut itself off. But, if you don't put it in P, then it stays on.

If you press the OFF button, while in D (drive), it will put itself into P (park).

I did find that all this "thinking for you" is making me fall into bad habits. I drove my wife's Chevy to a Circle K last week, and just blithely got out of the car and went into the store leaving the keys in it and running.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:31 PM

Ah that's much easier than first putting it into N and then manually applying the parking brake, which is what I've been doing. Thanks for the tip!

Kinda crazy that it works that way ..

Question: Is the key on you or in the car? What happens if the key is in your pocket and you move out of range?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page