What did you do to your Jaguar I-Pace today? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Thumbs up What did you do to your Jaguar I-Pace today?

Share what you did today with the Jaguar I-Pace community!

Example: Went ot the dealership and picked up my I-Pace!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Detailed the the interior and applied leather protectant on the seats.

Anything goes!
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Did my standard "EV Loop" but playfully for the first time. I was grinning when I got back to the shop. I don't care if I sucked down kWhs, in a gas car, it would have been one of the 15 mpg trips. Hit about 105 mph passing, threw it around some corners, used the Max Reg for brakes. Great fun.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 06:39 PM

Cancelled order and recovered deposit. Not happy with dealership communication (or lack thereof), multiple delivery date changes, and postings re: range disparities and other reported mechanical/software issues. Will sit on the sidelines and see how everything goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:22 PM

Got told at 370 miles and after only 3 days driving that mine needs a new Front Drive Motor.

I did learn that I can use my InControl app to "spy" on the technicians. I knew when they test drove it & where. And, that it was "Unlocked with the Hood Open" ... and became depressed when I knew that it was Locked & Alarm Set & sitting on the back part of the dealers lot, and they weren't calling me to tell me to come pick it up.
dtgsrq likes this.

Last edited by WattAJag; 12-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 PM

Got my ChargePoint charger installed at the house. Took the electrician around for a "quick" spin. Heard WOW, WOW,WOW the whole way.

Big grin.

Charging my car for the firs time with a level 2 charger.
sciencegeek, NerdUno and ryzvy like this.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienj View Post
Cancelled order and recovered deposit. Not happy with dealership communication (or lack thereof), multiple delivery date changes, and postings re: range disparities and other reported mechanical/software issues. Will sit on the sidelines and see how everything goes.
I came close. My date kept moving, cars were on lots everywhere, I was on my 4th sales contact when the car finally arrived. But I found my car had an exact brother 80 miles away so if the dealer hassled me at point of sale, I had another one lined up.

My dealer didn't even have a Level 2 charger. The first question to ask a dealer is what kind of charger they have installed TODAY. Anaheim has a DCFC CCS station in their parking lot. And they knew their product in general. That's where I should have ordered.

But none of the staff I spoke with were aware the i-Pace has a self-steering option. They insisted it only had LKA, which is lane departure assist to keep you from doing accidental lane changes. I did know more about the i-Pace than any Jaguar sales member I ran into. My dealer (Newport Beach) was entirely clueless about EVs and the i-Pace specifically.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:56 PM

What did I do today? For the first time since the order was placed back in early September I actually went in and inquired if delivery was still on schedule.
Showed me the screen that the date is still the same for end of this month. I think I missed all the gyrations.
WattAJag likes this.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:35 AM

Got a full charge (21 miles per hour) using the Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle and the TeslaTap adapter. Can't wait to tap into Tesla destination chargers at a few of our favorite hotels.

McRat likes this.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM

What a great find! I know nothing about Tesla's network ... are destination chargers common? Is it free to plug into them?
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:46 PM

I got a new hat...

and

decided to take the plunge on a Grey FE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6533v2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6531v2.jpg
Views:	113