What did you do to your Jaguar I-Pace today? - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
I forgot to publish quote earlier - I am awaiting my I-Pace (Friday delivery) but need some clarification please. I ordered the TeslaTap Adapter which I understood would provide access to Tesla Destination chargers (not Super Chargers). What additional benefit is the Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle in terms of charging options if you also have the TeslaTap? Many thanks
I may do this to replace the factory EVSE (which is only 1.2 kW max). The Tesla EVSE is small, has both 120v and 240v pigtails, and can charge at full i-Pace 7.0 kW at RV campgrounds if you find yourself out for adventure. The factory EVSE is so slow, that you'd probably call for a tow truck if you ended up with a range issue outside the area of SAE L2 coverage. This is more important if you going to do some fireroading in the i-Pace. You will probably need an RV hookup at some point.
NerdUno likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
I forgot to publish quote earlier - I am awaiting my I-Pace (Friday delivery) but need some clarification please. I ordered the TeslaTap Adapter which I understood would provide access to Tesla Destination chargers (not Super Chargers). What additional benefit is the Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle in terms of charging options if you also have the TeslaTap? Many thanks
You still need a way to charge your I-Pace at home using a 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet. The Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle is what you plug in between your NEMA 14-50 outlet and the TeslaTap adapter plugged into your I-Pace. This gives you about 20-21 miles of range for every hour of connection.
sciencegeek and mmtahoe like this.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
I may do this to replace the factory EVSE (which is only 1.2 kW max). The Tesla EVSE is small, has both 120v and 240v pigtails, and can charge at full i-Pace 7.0 kW at RV campgrounds if you find yourself out for adventure. The factory EVSE is so slow, that you'd probably call for a tow truck if you ended up with a range issue outside the area of SAE L2 coverage. This is more important if you going to do some fireroading in the i-Pace. You will probably need an RV hookup at some point.
There's also an adapter to go between the typical RV park connection and a NEMA 14-50. I can post a picture of mine if you need it. Got it from Amazon.
sciencegeek likes this.

Last edited by NerdUno; 12-05-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdUno View Post
There's also an adapter to go between the typical RV park connection and a NEMA 14-50. I can post a picture of mine if you need it. Got it from Amazon.
What's the max wattage of a typical RV park connection?
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
What's the max wattage of a typical RV park connection?
40 amps, 80% duty cycle. So up to 9.6 kW.
sciencegeek and NerdUno like this.

post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:27 PM

You may find a few that are wired off 3 phase giving 208 volts or 8.32 kW
Either way I-Pace will charge at max rate.
McRat likes this.
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:34 PM
ECP

Today I drove ten miles to assist my wife when she called about her I-Pace that would not start. Thought about all the possible and horrendous things that could be wrong while I drove there. Turns out that since there was no start-up sound she made the logical but incorrect conclusion. All is well and she now looks for the “ready” light.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Had a ceramic waxing job today. On my JagYouWire that is. He's also putting a some kind of superior version of Rain-X on the glass. I hope it doesn't interfere with anything. I've found modern digital cars to be very picky about coatings and dirty sensors. They program the sensors for a very specific window.

post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECP View Post
Today I drove ten miles to assist my wife when she called about her I-Pace that would not start. Thought about all the possible and horrendous things that could be wrong while I drove there. Turns out that since there was no start-up sound she made the logical but incorrect conclusion. All is well and she now looks for the “ready” light.
It's not entirely her fault. I've run into a few times I thought (99% sure) I turned the car on, and it was not, then played with it back and forth.

There is a lag to the start button I think. So I'm getting used to holding the brake, and pressing for a full second (that's actually a long time to push a button). Then I wait until everything is Woke, and press shifter button. Many cars say, PLEASE WAIT or similar when booting them up. Not the i-Pace.
NerdUno and dtgsrq like this.

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 PM

Here's another option:

This lets you charge 120v or 240v from the same cord. You could install a 240v plug (on a 30 Amp circuit) in your garage instead of installing a permanent station. And, use this charger at home or on the road.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page