My 2nd New I-Pace - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By WattAJag
  • 1 Post By dtgsrq

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

My 2nd New I-Pace

Just got a photo from my salesman. My replacement car was delivered from Port Hueneme today. I don't get home to claim it until afternoon on 12/31, so ... they're gonna hang around and wait for me so both of us get credit for the sale THIS YEAR!

P.S. For those of you tracking, the car arrived on the ship on Sunday 12/16. It took 8 days to get to Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delivery Day.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	913  
phil likes this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 02:22 PM

Nice. Congratulations. Sounds like you have a good dealer to work with. Looking forward to hearing the details once you have it for a few days.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Sure seems like it. Their attitude cannot be faulted, for sure!!

For completeness, here's the story of why I have a 2nd, New I-Pace ...

https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/56...t-problem.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 09:16 PM

Congrats and glad to hear both you and dealer will "beat the clock" for 2018 delivery!

I see you went Caseium Blue on i-Pace #2, curious why you changed from the Photon Red? Also, I made a few 'tweaks' on my 'second' one (after refusing delivery of a previously ordered build that came with the wrong headliner) - namely deciding the leather dash was well worth it due to "catchy" fabric (as in like a silk tie that rough hands could snag/damage) on the passenger side, and deciding the suede headliner is not only more beautiful/premium but I'm now convinced helps with noise (both outside noise penetration and interior quieting).

Any other changes to your order having had the advantage to do a 'second take'? I think readers of this forum would love that feedback.
phil likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

So, initially, I had "designed a build" that was Blue, but was told that they weren't taking any more orders in Oct/Nov. Then, the red FE came into the dealer (it seemed) unexpectedly and they converted it from a "Demo Car" to sale-able. Over Thanksgiving they started calling people like me "on the list to be on the list", and I was the first to answer back. So, I took it. Then, after it died ... they were scrambling for replacement options for me and somebody who ordered the blue (and pretty equivalently equipped) had asked for his deposit back. So, it became mine. This build was actually very close to my own - including (as I live in Phoenix) not asking for heated mirrors/steering. So, I'll actually get back about $2K.

I'm looking forward to getting back into an electric car. The loaner they gave me was not only an ICE, but required PREMIUM fuel!! :-s
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
and deciding the suede headliner is not only more beautiful/premium but I'm now convinced helps with noise (both outside noise penetration and interior quieting).
I hope the noise reduction is just in your imagination because I got the 'morzine', but I saw the suedecloth and it did look nice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page