Picked up my new I-Pace HSE 11/7 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Picked up my new I-Pace HSE 11/7

And it is great!

I placed an order back in July, and expected delivery in late December. I needed to have delivery in 2018 for tax purposes. Then about a month ago, I heard from the dealer that the delivery was delayed until February 2019. I asked to the dealer to let me know if any stock came on or there were any cancellations. About two weeks ago, he offered me an HSE with the following options:

Santorini Black
Light Oyster Leather Interior
Head-Up Display
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Satin Dark Ash Swirl Veneer
Click and Go Integrated Base Unit
Adaptive Dynamics
20" 5 Spoke 'Style 5068' DT Finish
Heated Steering Wheel
Adaptive Surface Response

On the build sheet, it says, "Type of Sale Code - Launch Stock".

I have had the car for four days, and my first impressions are very positive. Frighteningly fast. Build quality as you would expect. I am struggling a bit so far with the UI, but right now I am more interested in driving than setting the accent lighting color.

I am already sold on electric vehicles, and have been happily driving a Chevy Bolt for about a year and a half. That is a great car in its own right, but it is nice to have something more refined in the garage to complement it.

I will post additional impressions as they come in.
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:42 PM

Thanks two questions:

1) Is CarPlay/Android support enabled or is "future?"

2) What kind of real life range are you getting?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Guy

CarPlay/Android is enabled.
BeachCliff and epirali like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 12:53 AM

I picked mine up on 11/11/18. One thing I'm trying to figure out is my range. I had a Tesla Model X 90D. Each time I charged the Tesla I got 265 miles; fairly consistently. With the Jag I was barely getting 200 miles. Took it back to the dealer and they applied a software update then reset the battery. My car then got 279 miles w/ 99% charge. However, on my next charge it went down to 243 or so, then on my next charge down to 238. I'm confused.

I love how customizable the screens are. I've created my own page for the center screen and changed the dashboard view to full map.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
I picked mine up on 11/11/18. One thing I'm trying to figure out is my range. I had a Tesla Model X 90D. Each time I charged the Tesla I got 265 miles; fairly consistently. With the Jag I was barely getting 200 miles. Took it back to the dealer and they applied a software update then reset the battery. My car then got 279 miles w/ 99% charge. However, on my next charge it went down to 243 or so, then on my next charge down to 238. I'm confused.
When the battery data is reset the historical and driving info is erased and the range guesstimating algorithm reverts to high numbers. This tends to happen with all BEVs. Over time as you drive the range will settle as you are seeing. This change is rapid initially.

Different cars use different amounts of hysteresis on the range guesstimate. We used to call the early Leaf range display the guess-o-meter as it would vary greatly and not be very accurate. Tesla creates more of an impression of stability, if you actually tracked miles driven and charge left you may notice more variability by terrain and driving style.

Jaguar may revise their range guess algorithm over time also. For now Id say try tracking miles driven after full charge and compare to remaining battery percent to get a better sense for yourself. Keep in mind the first and last few percent of battery dont behave very linearly.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post

I love how customizable the screens are. I've created my own page for the center screen and changed the dashboard view to full map.
I assume when you say the range is going down, you actually just mean what the car is guessing the range will be is going down, not the actual range you are getting.

Maybe a better way is to ask what your average consumption is. You can share these screenshots from your car or the numbers from your 'journeys' on your phone app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 2.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	625  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I assume when you say the range is going down, you actually just mean what the car is guessing the range will be is going down, not the actual range you are getting.

Maybe a better way is to ask what your average consumption is. You can share these screenshots from your car or the numbers from your 'journeys' on your phone app.
I am curious have you been driving your I Pace more and if you have what is your long term average data now? Is that what the screen shot you posted is, the long term average? Because that would imply you can get around 170 miles total range from a full charge.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:36 AM

Currently have 1107 miles on the car. In the attached you will see Trip A is from the time I picked the car up. Trip B was I reset everything to factory reset on 19 Nov 18. The first ~600+ miles was all Interstate, Eco mode, cruise set at 65mph, climate set at 67 degrees, smart mode. The next 400 miles is running around home, probably 60/40 highway/in town driving. Not a lot of difference between the two, about 50kWh/100 miles, so theoretically speaking I should be able to cover about 168 miles if I was to go from 100% to 0%. Practically speaking that is not realistic. For instance this morning when I got in the the car at 0715 it showed charged to 94% (parked at 100% 6.5 hours earlier) with an estimated range of 128 miles. It was parked outside, not plugged in with the departure time set for 0700. I assume the preconditioning is what used 6% of the battery. If I would have driven for any length of time this morning my average consumption would have really taken a beating.

One thing I noticed the other day is if I place the climate system in smart mode and then select ‘auto’ it runs the AC and really increases consumption.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0C67E279-0F31-42A0-980B-8FC5AE86B926_1543242876177.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	627   Click image for larger version

Name:	029E1032-5355-4442-B0FC-F9627A0711A3_1543242893093.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	629   Click image for larger version

Name:	2170D864-0CA4-4BBE-BD33-3E67B401FBB1_1543242911367.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	631   Click image for larger version

Name:	01B89CF3-D8D6-48C5-B17B-01AD7A593DB2_1543242929858.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	633  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:46 AM

Thanks some of the numbers on the displays are confusing. For example on Trip B the number of miles shown and the KWHrs of battery don't make sense (not sure what that is).

Also if its cold where you are right now (not sure) and you don't plug the car in it will not pre-condition the battery. Which means not only is the 6% lost from cabin heating while not plugged in the battery won't be in optimal temperature and charge. I remember you said you did try pre-conditioning for departure when plugged in but didn't see a difference, not sure if that was with an L1 charger (which would not pre-condition the battery just the cabin).

Did you ever try an L2 charger pre-condition for departure set a few hours in advance to see if it helped?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Thanks some of the numbers on the displays are confusing. For example on Trip B the number of miles shown and the KWHrs of battery don't make sense (not sure what that is).

Also if its cold where you are right now (not sure) and you don't plug the car in it will not pre-condition the battery. Which means not only is the 6% lost from cabin heating while not plugged in the battery won't be in optimal temperature and charge. I remember you said you did try pre-conditioning for departure when plugged in but didn't see a difference, not sure if that was with an L1 charger (which would not pre-condition the battery just the cabin).

Did you ever try an L2 charger pre-condition for departure set a few hours in advance to see if it helped?
Yes it is a bit chilly today (9 F). The car was plugged in to a L2 (JuiceBox 40A), in a heated garage (~65 F) m until ~midnight, with the departure time set for midnight. I drove the 2 miles to work. It was not plugged from them until I left at 0715 (with a departure time set for 0700). I did not know the car did not precondition if not plugged in...I wonder why it is an option if it doesn’t work???

What numbers on Trip B are confusing?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page