Just 3 more weeks to wait ... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 8
Just 3 more weeks to wait ...

... until delivery of my ordered I-Pace. Got this info yesterday
from my local dealer (germany) that estimated arrival at his
site is around Sep. 20th and that they need some more days to
prepare for handover.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPace Bestellung.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	457  
I-PaceDave likes this.
steini069 is offline  
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 06:15 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Peterborough, England
Posts: 12
Delivery date

I'm told my car will be 'handed over' to me on the 3rd October (ordered April 2018).

I am aware though that there appears to be an issue with dealers registering cars in the UK.

Does anybody know what this is about?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as it all seems very hush hush at the moment.

if it is the 3rd October -
I-PaceDave likes this.
Shane100 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by steini069 View Post
... until delivery of my ordered I-Pace. Got this info yesterday
from my local dealer (germany) that estimated arrival at his
site is around Sep. 20th and that they need some more days to
prepare for handover.

Awesome, looking forward to hearing your initial impressions on the car once it is delivered..
I-PaceDave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane100 View Post
I'm told my car will be 'handed over' to me on the 3rd October (ordered April 2018).

I am aware though that there appears to be an issue with dealers registering cars in the UK.

Does anybody know what this is about?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as it all seems very hush hush at the moment.

if it is the 3rd October -

If you are referring to "difficulties" prior to Sept. 1, my understanding is that the new model year starts on Sept. 1. So, dealers in the UK were not able to register 2019 models prior to that date. . . Hopefully, that was the only issue.
Calidave is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 03:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Peterborough, England
Posts: 12
Thanks Calidave, that makes me feel a little less anxious. Let's hope it is just that.

I was getting quite concerned as I have a 100 mile round trip commute each day and have not seen one I-Pace on the road yet.
With just 3 weeks to go to my 'handover' this doesn't bode well. Hopefully it was purely the September 1st thing.

I have never been so excited in my life about a new car, and i've had a fair few in the past (my one extravagance as a small business owner - makes it all worthwhile and keeps me motivated!), so the wait has been excruciating.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for no hold-ups.................

Good luck to all of you who have cars on order and, like me, are counting the days.
Shane100 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 04:12 AM
Senior Member
 
jsimon7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 686
The handover in Hanover?
jsimon7777 is online now  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Guy
Senior Member
 
Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane100 View Post
Thanks Calidave, that makes me feel a little less anxious. Let's hope it is just that.

I was getting quite concerned as I have a 100 mile round trip commute each day and have not seen one I-Pace on the road yet.
With just 3 weeks to go to my 'handover' this doesn't bode well. Hopefully it was purely the September 1st thing.

I have never been so excited in my life about a new car, and i've had a fair few in the past (my one extravagance as a small business owner - makes it all worthwhile and keeps me motivated!), so the wait has been excruciating.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for no hold-ups.................

Good luck to all of you who have cars on order and, like me, are counting the days.

I'm still counting the months..

But good for you! If I was in your shoes I could hardly sleep!
Guy is online now  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
For me handover 24-28.Sep in Muenster (germany)




Joerg
JoergW is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 03:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Peterborough, England
Posts: 12
So Excited!

I am so excited for you Joerg!

Are you finding it hard to concentrate on much else? I know i am..............

Shane
Shane100 is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Yes it΄ s very hard (since 11/2016) to concentrate.
And the last weeks are extreme after i sold my XF.
(Driving a Smart EV for the last days)
Regards Joerg
JoergW is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome