Delivery update nj - usa - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Katatonic
  • 1 Post By SabrToothSqrl

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Delivery update nj - usa

Hi all

I am presently a Jaguar owner (F Type-R). I ordered my I Pace HSE on June 7th. and was told the car will be at the NJ Port on October 24th. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.
Went to Jaguar Corporate North America in Mahwah , NJ-USA and saw about 6 of them being used as everyday vehicles. Looks very different. Can't wait.
Administrator and Guy like this.

Last edited by Katatonic; 07-13-2018 at 03:01 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 01:20 PM

Welcome to the forum! Are you planning on holding onto your F Type once you take delivery of your new I-Pace? It looks like a bunch of autonomous companies such as Waymo are interested in using the new I-Pace for their fleets.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM

Take lots of pics and video for us!
J.XAU likes this.

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl View Post
Take lots of pics and video for us!
Can't wait for your feedback if/when you plan on getting one seeing how you have Tesla's.

It will become one of the biggest questions future EV owners will have, one of them being myself.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.XAU View Post
Can't wait for your feedback if/when you plan on getting one seeing how you have Tesla's.

It will become one of the biggest questions future EV owners will have, one of them being myself.

It shall be interesting, that's for sure... I'm in PA, so not too far from NJ.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.XAU View Post

It shall be interesting, that's for sure... I'm in PA, so not too far from NJ, if you want to race
I want the Jag to be a good car. I want EVs to succeed.
Anyone who's driven a Tesla knows that they will never buy a gas car again!
Right off the bat I know I'd miss AP2 and Super Chargers. Even if I never or rarely use them, the fact that I feel 'trapped' by range in the Jag is quite off-putting. And yes, while I'm aware of the multiple public paid chargers/etc. none of them come close to what Tesla has built. With my wife's AP2 getting better everyday, I hope Jag doesn't miss the boat on the OTA updates I'm very used to by now.

However, even from photos it's clear Jag knows what a luxury interior is. My 2013 S, even at $114 new was not 'lux'. it was sparse and tech and neat, but it was not luxury.

The 3 is similar. The inside of a BMW is more comfy. But not nearly as 'cool'.

I prefer SUVs over cars, so the Jag's styling and size drew me in. Combined with the videos showing handling/etc. I cannot wait to drive it. For me, the Jag also comes in at $19,879 less 'out the door' (after rebate, post 1/1/2019). vs. the Model X I was looking at.

For $20,000 I can rent a suburban and buy a lot of gas if/when needed...

I do wish the iPace had an opening sunroof though... I'm going to miss that a lot in the X or iPace.

Personally, I'm looking to buy something late 2019 or 2020. I want to see the Y reveal before I make any $80k+ decisions.
I love Tesla, but the S and X use such old battery tech, it's hard to justify the cost... I had hoped they'd be using the Model 3 batteries by now, but I guess that's not going to happen.
Right now I'm driving my 2009 Tahoe until I decide on my next EV. I'll trade the Tahoe in at that time, and all of our gas suckers will be gone for good.

Keep us posted, I'm very interested in real world range if you're like me and have a heavy foot. I could destroy a set of rear tires on my S in <7,000 miles without trying.

I don't like the "dynamic what-ever" option being like $1300 or 2k, whatever it is. Is it just software? If it is, the car should just do that. If the Jag is meant to be driven for enjoyment, don't make me pick stuff like that. I'd have to drive one with and without to even know if it makes a difference. Can it be added post sale, like Tesla?

I do like the 'many' other options jag lets you pick. By picking just the options of interest to me, I feel I get a better value.

can you haggle on these things? Going to a "dealer" is not something I enjoy. I definitely prefer the Tesla purchase method over a dealer... I assume with how new they are it's full MSRP? any special financing?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 10:06 AM

An i-Pace FE is $86,895 USD. A Model S75D @ $75,700 in black. If you trim the S to FE spec (actually less than FE spec), it's $92k. But you'll be missing things on the Tesla like HUD, digital suspension, low-traction logic, 360 view, sport key, heated glass windshield, handles for egress, AC seats, and the list goes on and on.

The Jaguar is more focused on the luxury market. The Teslas are more utilitarian. Nothing wrong with that.

But I do fault the Jaguar for not having the massage seats, rear reclining seats, and hardtop as optional items. These can be had on most cars in the $90k arena.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page