Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Battery cells broken
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Sbingham60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Yes I am experiencing the same issue here in Canada. My car wouldnt charge past 89% but said fully charged. The dealer looked at it and performed tests and it was determined that the main battery had gone bad and that a new one would need to be installed. I just received a call yesterday stating that the battery had arrived and I am taking it in today for its surgery. They asked to have it for a week as this would be the first time they have done this. The dealer has been good and offered a loaner car. My car has 10,000 kms on it and was purchased in December 2018.

Timbo
I'm not sure why they would need a week to do the repair. I looked at the shop manual via Topix a couple of times. The main battery module is a complete unit that they drop much like a transmission. It seems like a one day job to do the swap and then retest all the software and firmware. Perhaps a second day for full charge and one last diagnostic.

it would take a little longer if they were changing the modular cells, but I don't think they are doing bad cell replacements at the dealers. Please keep us posted. I'm at 8,800 on an October build that I took delivery on in December.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome