Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Jaguar Charging Solution
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:27 PM
wbjag

My dealer has two chargers, one a level 2 and one a level 3. ChargePoints. The level 3 has never worked since the time of its install and since I have been going there for the last 5 or 6 months.

Sadly we early adopters are suffering until there is the infrastructure in place, the chicken and the egg maybe. Of course Elon knew he had to invest in the infrastructure to sell his cars and he is a sole BEV manufacture. On the flip side, IEC manufactures are selling BEVs to get the gas guzzling credits and have little incentive to invest in an infrastructure. JLR, BMW, Audi, etc. all have stated they will not put an infrastructure in place leaving it to a third party. Third parties are having trouble making a profit on super fast level 3 chargers due to transmission charges I believe. So until there are, lets say changes, a charging infrastructure maybe slow in rolling out.

Elon reached out to vehicle manufactures to come together in rolling out an infrastructure but I don't believe anyone took him up on it. Would be nice if Elon made his infrastructure available to non-Tesla's but...

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome