Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Should I buy an iPace?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:39 PM
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratedWasabi View Post
Hello all, I need your help!

Here's the deal. I'm currently in a Macan Turbo, which I really enjoy, but I've been itching for an EV for a while now. I was waiting for a Taycan but less than impressed with the info released (ie.. pay a TON of money and get a car that still doesn't have great range) and went for a test drive in an iPace. I have to say I really enjoy it. VERY different experience than the Macan but just really dug it.

But I don't want to get rid of my Macan only to realize I can't make the iPace work. So here's what I'm concerned with;

I can get a charger at home and 5 out of 7 days of the week I'm running less than 40 city miles. So no problem. But twice a week I'm running somewhat longer miles, into the mountains. I live in Seattle and climb/hike.

Most of the time those two days are going between 110 and 140 miles round trip without much or any elevation gain. That seems like it won't be an issue.

But, pretty often one or both of those days is 160 to 240 miles round trip including a mountain pass (Snoqualmie or Stevens) of about 3-4k elevation gain. There is one EA station with 3 CCS chargers that is about 160 miles away if I get to my destination and backtrack to it or 110 miles away if I go there on the way out. On the way back there is minimal elevation gain but significant elevation loss.

Does this sound like a workable situation or am I going to end up being in range anxiety ****?

Just looking for some realistic info from iPace owners. There is so much varying info on range and charging out there I can't make heads or tails of it!

Thank you!
Owning both a Tesla Model S (a 2013 and a 2016) and a 2019 I-Pace I can tell you that I am extremely disappointed with the I-Pace. The software is very buggy, very slow, and I've had the car in the repair shop 4x already

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome