Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Remote app not connecting to car

29K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  ROSS 
#1 ·
I've had the car for about 3 weeks, and initially the App connected to the car to let me know it was locked, and to provide info on charging status/etc. Then 2 days ago it stopped connecting and I get a message that says "Network Delay. It is taking longer than expected to access your car. The request is still in progress". And ultimately times out with no results. GPS also appears to be disabled as not routes are being tracked to view either on the App or on the online "In Control" website.

Any suggestions about how to fix this?

#4 ·
Mine does that 99% of the time, I just retry and it normally works after the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Sometimes it takes several tries and then it still gives the error message, yet I can see it actually worked. Just as the car will report it cannot connect with my phone even though it launched CarPlay and I can use the phone...

#5 ·
So mine hasn't worked since I got the car, was never able to start the car, it would have locations and journey's out of date by a few days. Has suddenly been working reliably the last three days or so, app wasn't updated--so I wonder what changed in the car? Strange my dealer said an OTA update likely fixed my blank screen issue, yet there is no update of an update applied and the software versions I do have all look the same. Who knows, but something definitely changed recently for me in a good way!

#6 ·
Mine did that as well. I bought it and it connected for about the first week. One day it stopped connecting for about a week then all of a sudden it started back up again. No problems since and it has been around a month now. They must have changed something on the backend somewhere.

#7 ·
I had portions of remote app stop working while other portions worked. The dealer reset something once and that corrected it. Sorry I don't remember what is was. It was not anything I could access.
Couple suggestions.
If nothing is updating, check that mobile data is on and proceed to next suggestion if that does not fix it.
If parts of remote app are updating give a try to the left button 34 for remote assistance. Pressing and holding that for 12 seconds is supposed to make the car reestablish a network connection or so I was told by the Jaguar tech working on my car.

#8 ·
If it doesn't come back upon retry, the contact Jaguar customer service
https://www.jaguarusa.com/contact-us/index.html
The phone number is listed - select option 9 and then follow the prompts.

Mine stopped working for a while, so I had to call. They corrected something on the back end and it's been solid for about 4 weeks now.

Normally - most of these solve with a retry or a short wait, but they do have support team for the things that don't self-correct.

#10 ·
FWIW, mine has had intermittent connectivity issues, too. I did program to 'connect' to my home wifi when parked in garage, and that helped when at home. Has worked at the most critical times, when at the airport while I'm out of town, yet failed when at dinner at local restaurant. Has always 'worked again' after charging the car. Hmmm...

#11 ·
So I've had my I-Pace for 3 weeks now - and absolutely loving it, except a problem with the remote connection. 3 days into owning the car on Sunday - it lost remote connectivity... finally called on Thursday to schedule an appointment with the dealer and it miraculously started working (only 1 hour after scheduling the appointment). Now 2 weeks later (again on a Sunday), it has lost connectivity again. Any insight into this issue? Do I wait 4 days to see if it "resets"? I do know that the car continued to track all of my trips as they all appeared online when the connection resumed. (My wifi connection at home didn't seem to allow connection either.)

I see others have had periodic issues as well - it's still fun to drive - just wish I could precondition it from my phone (or track my charge levels) is all.

#12 ·
You may want to reset your "Jaguar Optimized Assistance" button the left side of the headliner to help with your InControl Remote connectivity issues. It helped my. Basically, keep pressing it until it flashes amber quickly, then let go when it starts flashing amber slowly. The light will turn off and cycle. You want to do this in an area where there is good reception.

#14 ·
Remote Locking is not available

I had a Model S before I got the iPace, and I’m accustomed to walking away from the car, and the car locks itself. I parked my iPace at the airport, and left the car unlocked. My InControl Remote app shows it as unlocked, but when I try locking it, it get an error that says, “Remote Locking is not available. To conserve power, the InControl Remote system is now asleep and will wake up when the vehicle is next used...”. That seems crazy! The car is plugged in and is charging. What kind of power conservation is it doing that it won’t let me connect and lock it! Any ideas on how to address this? All I need is to connect, lock it, and then it can go back to conserving power.

Thanks!

#15 ·
I had a Model S before I got the iPace, and I’m accustomed to walking away from the car, and the car locks itself. I parked my iPace at the airport, and left the car unlocked. My InControl Remote app shows it as unlocked, but when I try locking it, it get an error that says, “Remote Locking is not available. To conserve power, the InControl Remote system is now asleep and will wake up when the vehicle is next used...”. That seems crazy! The car is plugged in and is charging. What kind of power conservation is it doing that it won’t let me connect and lock it! Any ideas on how to address this? All I need is to connect, lock it, and then it can go back to conserving power.

Thanks!
Usually it doesn’t go to sleep like that until 72 hours (maybe 96?)...you can set a wake up timer in the app, but once the car is sleeping, I’m not sure you can...

#19 ·
My app is showing km and it doesn't allow me to start or lock the car and it always says the door is open. But I know its connected because it will show if its charging, etc. Apparently they have already released an all new app in Europe, so wondering if that is part of it. expecting the new app here soon

#21 ·
I don't believe you can precondition remotely. You can set the Climate running but that does not precondition the battery. According to my remote, that can only be done within the car. I usually set it the night before I expect to leave.

Interestingly, when you do set preconditioning in the car, it will engage the Climate 30 minutes before your departure time.

#23 ·
Yes. I think my previous post was wrong. I was misled, and still puzzled, by the remote saying "Enable departure schedule the vehicle to use this feature".

But this morning I set departure time on the remote, not in the car, and I did not set Climate. When I went out to Jag, climate was working so I assume the battery was preconditioning as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.