Downloading map update - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Downloading map update

Hi All,

Every once and a while, while the map view on the main screen cycles through things it thinks I may be interested in (nearby charging stations, range map etc...), it lets me know that there is a map update available. When I click on it, I would expect it to download the map using the OTA feature this car is supposed to have but instead tells me to go to Jaguar.here.com (as opposed to the inControl web site). First of all, what is the point of having to create 2 accounts with Jaguar? The inCOntrol account and this, essentially identical, route planner account.

I downloaded the routeplanner app some time ago and created that second account. For some reason, I can't log into the web page version. Using my route planner email and password gives a "Couldn't sign in. Check email and password and try again" error. I tried resetting my password (and I had to update that on the mobile app) and that did not work. I tried registering in case it was a third account and got an account by that name exists error.

Has anyone successfully updated their maps, and does someone have a rational explanation behind the different accounts?

Thanks.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 12:49 PM

I have downloaded updates nearly every month since buying the car and it's a simple process. I don't know why you're unable to login to your account and your question about OTA is valid. If JLR can push system updates that are fairly complex via OTA then navigation updates should be easy.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Good to hear someone can get the update. Are you logging in using the web browser on the car, or downloading to a computer and applying the update somehow?

I assume the account for the maps download (https://www.jaguar.here.com) is the Route Planner app (as opposed to the inControl app? I tried both anyhow and got the same result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Aha. It seems that the web page allows you to use Safari to generate one of those strong encrypted passwords. Using that password on the route planner app works, but the web page refuses it, and it looks like the entry field on the web page likely truncates the password, so it can never work.

Created a new, shorter password and it seems to work. They need to have their web page people talk more to their server people.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcomeau View Post
Aha. It seems that the web page allows you to use Safari to generate one of those strong encrypted passwords. Using that password on the route planner app works, but the web page refuses it, and it looks like the entry field on the web page likely truncates the password, so it can never work.

Created a new, shorter password and it seems to work. They need to have their web page people talk more to their server people.
Glad you are able to login. Success on the update?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

I am able to log in, but have to find a USB key with 9GB free on it.

Funny system. You have to install a downloader app (because web browsers don't know how to download???). Mine came in French (I live in Quebec) and don't have a language button anywhere. Amateurs...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcomeau View Post
I am able to log in, but have to find a USB key with 9GB free on it.

Funny system. You have to install a downloader app (because web browsers don't know how to download???). Mine came in French (I live in Quebec) and don't have a language button anywhere. Amateurs...
I think the size of the update is why it's not done via OTA.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:52 PM

I have not done this because I don't have an active data plan.
Can maps be update without one?
My I pace is connected to the wifi internet though.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
I have not done this because I don't have an active data plan.
Can maps be update without one?
My I pace is connected to the wifi internet though.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]
Map updates are downloaded via computer and onto a USB flashdrive. No data plan is required. After download plug the flashdrive into one of the ports in the cubby. Directions to do the update are on the Jaguar Route Planner website. You'll first have to download the map installer. It's quite simple.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:55 PM
JLW

I have updated maps once - on pc go to jaguar.com/update and put the update onto a usb drive (needs to be FAT32) - there are instructions on the site. The usb downloads the maps via the centre console port - was pretty seamless and went to script (once the FAT format was sorted) - maybe this way than OTA due to file size - I have good wifi to my car but the flash drive process was the one offered.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page