Remote app not connecting to car - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
kmp

Remote app not connecting to car

I've had the car for about 3 weeks, and initially the App connected to the car to let me know it was locked, and to provide info on charging status/etc. Then 2 days ago it stopped connecting and I get a message that says "Network Delay. It is taking longer than expected to access your car. The request is still in progress". And ultimately times out with no results. GPS also appears to be disabled as not routes are being tracked to view either on the App or on the online "In Control" website.

Any suggestions about how to fix this?
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 03:47 PM

The app will connect to my car for me, but when I try to set a preconditioning or charge period I receive an error stating couldn't connect to car.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Screenshots of the error
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190210-104238.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190210-104219.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1297  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
The app will connect to my car for me, but when I try to set a preconditioning or charge period I receive an error stating couldn't connect to car.
Mine does that 99% of the time, I just retry and it normally works after the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Sometimes it takes several tries and then it still gives the error message, yet I can see it actually worked. Just as the car will report it cannot connect with my phone even though it launched CarPlay and I can use the phone...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 06:26 PM

So mine hasn't worked since I got the car, was never able to start the car, it would have locations and journey's out of date by a few days. Has suddenly been working reliably the last three days or so, app wasn't updated--so I wonder what changed in the car? Strange my dealer said an OTA update likely fixed my blank screen issue, yet there is no update of an update applied and the software versions I do have all look the same. Who knows, but something definitely changed recently for me in a good way!

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 07:13 PM

Mine did that as well. I bought it and it connected for about the first week. One day it stopped connecting for about a week then all of a sudden it started back up again. No problems since and it has been around a month now. They must have changed something on the backend somewhere.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 07:18 PM

I had portions of remote app stop working while other portions worked. The dealer reset something once and that corrected it. Sorry I don't remember what is was. It was not anything I could access.
Couple suggestions.
If nothing is updating, check that mobile data is on and proceed to next suggestion if that does not fix it.
If parts of remote app are updating give a try to the left button 34 for remote assistance. Pressing and holding that for 12 seconds is supposed to make the car reestablish a network connection or so I was told by the Jaguar tech working on my car.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp View Post
I've had the car for about 3 weeks, and initially the App connected to the car to let me know it was locked, and to provide info on charging status/etc. Then 2 days ago it stopped connecting and I get a message that says "Network Delay. It is taking longer than expected to access your car. The request is still in progress". And ultimately times out with no results. GPS also appears to be disabled as not routes are being tracked to view either on the App or on the online "In Control" website.

Any suggestions about how to fix this?
If it doesn't come back upon retry, the contact Jaguar customer service
https://www.jaguarusa.com/contact-us/index.html
The phone number is listed - select option 9 and then follow the prompts.

Mine stopped working for a while, so I had to call. They corrected something on the back end and it's been solid for about 4 weeks now.

Normally - most of these solve with a retry or a short wait, but they do have support team for the things that don't self-correct.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
kmp

Thanks to one and all! I think I'm going to call them as I've tried everything else... Will let the group know if that works.
fedorachef likes this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:39 PM

FWIW, mine has had intermittent connectivity issues, too. I did program to 'connect' to my home wifi when parked in garage, and that helped when at home. Has worked at the most critical times, when at the airport while I'm out of town, yet failed when at dinner at local restaurant. Has always 'worked again' after charging the car. Hmmm...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page