I-Pace Interior Design Discussion - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:59 AM

You can probably get a good feel of what the interior could feel like by sitting in the F-Pace. At least I assume Jaguar won't be changing the seat composition too much even if the design is different.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

You sure would, just have to imagine what it will be like in proportion to that segment and on that point it would be better to sit in vehicles competing with the E-Pace. Jaguar has no choice but to stay close to what those brands do.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 AM
ELO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Sprint View Post
Really like that steering wheel too. If those three components can stay, I wouldn't mind them ditching the digital climate control system. That whole center console arch is something that is very possible we'll see in the production.
The steering wheel is very similar to the sport steering wheel on the 911. I'm sure one manufacturer makes many styles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Anything they can include that pays homage to the F-Type will be a win in my books and will position the i-Pace very well among the line up Jaguar has and its competition.

People are looking for more in these products and F-Type DNA is one way to do it.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELO View Post
The steering wheel is very similar to the sport steering wheel on the 911. I'm sure one manufacturer makes many styles.
Does anyone in this forum actually have a Jaguar with a steering wheel using this design language? I am trying to image using this steering wheel as, I am sure, many of us have adopted the 9 and 3 O'clock hand positions. This wheel's design clearly rejects this driving posture, yet 10 and 2 O'clock is increasingly being relegated to the past.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace-X View Post
Does anyone in this forum actually have a Jaguar with a steering wheel using this design language? I am trying to image using this steering wheel as, I am sure, many of us have adopted the 9 and 3 O'clock hand positions. This wheel's design clearly rejects this driving posture, yet 10 and 2 O'clock is increasingly being relegated to the past.

http://media.jaguar.com/news/2017/09...g-wheel-future

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoergW View Post
Glad to see that we'll have some sort of control once these go self driving because getting ambushed by robots won't be easy on the computer....

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Honestly, we're most likely going to get the F-Pace steering wheel with different buttons to suit the I-Pace's needs. There's really no need to worry and assuming you drive with one hand most of the time, you just need someone near the bottom to comfortably grip.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page