I-Pace Interior Design Discussion - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Integrating the buttons to look like part of a trim is probably the best way to go about it. They nailed the design in that MB. The steering wheel is gorgeous as well in general.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 01:05 AM

Buttons on the steering wheel are standard these days, but I do prefer knobs in the center console too as it's easier for me to change the temperature incrementally instead of trying to slide around on a touch screen. I know Tesla does it, but I'd prefer to feel a fwe knows here and there.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:41 PM

Buttons on the steering wheel are standard, but how and where they're placed makes all the difference! Am I too picky... probably. But I know what I like and something like this isn't it: old design but you get my point

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Thankfully these days JLR has cleaner design. F-Pace is a good example and odds are what we see in the I-Pace won't deviate much away from it:

But at the same time, on the I-Pace concept we got a look at what might be the next iteration:

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 12:57 PM

If there's any part I'm hoping they keep on that steering wheel, it's the start button. I think that's a very exotic-sporty type of feature to have. Always loved seeing it on Ferraris and the Mclarens
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Bringing that steering wheel to market as we see it won't be hard at all, just depends on how that fits into Jaguars overall design language and execution with technology.

If not I won't mind some features from the Velar:

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:45 AM

Not sure about the steering wheel layout as it's so far from the edge of the wheel and hard for my thumbs to reach. But the touch screens are a very nice touch. Isn't this the concept interior of the new Velar and not production?
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:15 AM

The Velar steering wheel is definitely not something I would like at all. The controls don't flow at all and they're essentially just screwed in there making it awkward looking.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 04:15 PM

News on the interior and perhaps some incite on Jaguar's commitment to producing the concept car's interior in the production I-Pace:

Hypetex adds bespoke carbon to the Jaguar I-PACE
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Everything about it sounds good and i'm all for change but too bad one thing that will always be on the back of our minds till we get to sit in one is how comfortable it is, then all the in-depth stuff like how it feels, what its like on long drives, wear over time, etc. Lucky for Jag, even if its not as good as its made out to be, the rest of the I-Pace will make up for it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page