Rear debadging - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
17holeinone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Rear debadging

Hi, I've seen many pictures of I-Pace's with the rear left and right emblems removed, apparently it's a simple process involving hot water and dental floss, however, I've yet to see the "JAGUAR" "word" emblem removed. Has anyone here removed it? I'm a bit concerned because I understand behind the J there's an RF sensor to "read" the active key or something like that.

(I see the banner of the forum actually shows an I-Pace without the JAGUAR, photoshop maybe?)

Any insight would be much appreciated...
17holeinone is online now  
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
PS702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17holeinone View Post
Hi, I've seen many pictures of I-Pace's with the rear left and right emblems removed, apparently it's a simple process involving hot water and dental floss, however, I've yet to see the "JAGUAR" "word" emblem removed. Has anyone here removed it? I'm a bit concerned because I understand behind the J there's an RF sensor to "read" the active key or something like that.

(I see the banner of the forum actually shows an I-Pace without the JAGUAR, photoshop maybe?)

Any insight would be much appreciated...
It's the I-Pace from the Geneva motor show.

The lettering should just be the same as the other badges

I'm definitely going to do the same thing you're going to do.
I like the black Leaper too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-jaguar-ipace-concept_1574868672503.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	2913  
PS702 is online now  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
17holeinone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
It's the I-Pace from the Geneva motor show.

The lettering should just be the same as the other badges

I'm definitely going to do the same thing you're going to do.
I like the black Leaper too
I'm going to try it this weekend. The "animal jaguar" in black does look awesome. Spray paint?
17holeinone is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
PS702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17holeinone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
It's the I-Pace from the Geneva motor show.

The lettering should just be the same as the other badges

I'm definitely going to do the same thing you're going to do.
I like the black Leaper too
I'm going to try it this weekend. The "animal jaguar" in black does look awesome. Spray paint? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
I'm going to see if this shop can paint it properly, not that DIY plastidip

Please share how it goes for you
PS702 is online now  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
17holeinone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Alright guys, I did it! Took some courage, but it's done (including the black jag) and it looks fantastic!!!! (Let me know what you think)

BTW, I did use that DIY plastidip, I think it looks great, rugged. I wonder if it'll last a couple of washes :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	debadged_jag.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	2939  
17holeinone is online now  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
PS702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17holeinone View Post
Alright guys, I did it! Took some courage, but it's done (including the black jag) and it looks fantastic!!!! (Let me know what you think)

BTW, I did use that DIY plastidip, I think it looks great, rugged. I wonder if it'll last a couple of washes :-)
Looks fantastic. Is it matte or gloss black?

I removed the other badges, but when I look closely I can see the paint lightly indented with the letters
Did you notice that?
PS702 is online now  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
17holeinone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
Looks fantastic. Is it matte or gloss black?

I removed the other badges, but when I look closely I can see the paint lightly indented with the letters
Did you notice that?
It's matte black.

I've watched some videos where you can see some sort of ghostly shadow left by the letters but they all seemed to be able to buff it out with some polish.

Maybe because my car is brand new (hasn't had time to bake in the sun) or maybe because of the white color, I can't see any such residue, as far as I can tell it looks perfect. Here's one of the sample videos I saw that the guy did a bit of polishing at the end:
17holeinone is online now  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Boulder Colorado
Posts: 23
Having the leaper and JAGUAR painted gloss black that matches the trim on the rear bumper. Pictures will be posted of the whole process.
Its a great look that clean up the back of the cat.

2020 I-Pace EV400 HSE
Fuji White - Mars Red Ebony/Ebony
Cold Climate Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 6 Spoke Style 6007 Diamond Turned finish
tnhmp is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Ordered my car de badged & definitely going down the gloss black leaper route once I get it in March. Love the clean look.
sciencegeek likes this.
Azzagolf30 is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 09:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 428
Anyone know if it's possible to debadge the 'Jaguar' emblem on the lower door trim panels or HSE just behind the front wheels? Those appear to be 'baked in' to those parts of the car. Entertaining the idea of going "Growler & Leaper Only"... have never really liked the 'Jaguar' emblazoned on the doors... this is the only vehicle of JLR with their name on the side of the car.

Last edited by dtgsrq; 11-30-2019 at 09:29 PM.
dtgsrq is online now  
Reply




Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome