Thoughts on DULL plastic license area? Suggestions to remedy? - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Badge Removal not good for dealer, brand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
Really? I'd have taken it if I saw it, but I can't find de-badging anywhere on the configuration site or brochure (USA). Maybe I'll get it done later. Thanks,

The idea has much intrigue, especially since few people will recognize the car without it. I ordered my HSE in Narvik black with black trim option, so stealth mode might be additionally appealing.

I'm sure JLR is not fond of the de-badging option (hence neither promoted to salespeople nor made easy to find online) for obvious reasons. One of my real pet peeves, however, is "dealer badging" that often occurs without owner consent, in some instances requiring screws/bolts (penetration of finish) and therefore impossible to remove without damage.

I just learned today the "Jaguar" door badging (lower panel, aft of the S/SE/HSE) is done with STICKERS, so that should be easy enough to remove. Also saw a video of the "fishline" technique for debadging the trunk (the leaper and I-PACE EV400). De-badge the grill and wheels and only readers of this forum will know what you're driving!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page