Two extra factory repairs now... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Two extra factory repairs now...

I had been delaying going in for the regenerative brake factory recall, but my dealer set me up for an automatic 6-month multi-point check up on their scheduling and I went in today.

There are two other things they are directed to do.

One regards the charging port, but it's only a replacement sticker on the inside of the cover door.

The other is replacing the cable that opens the hood, and/or some pieces of the assembly. Whatever parts were necessary were not in stock and had a usual next day delivery, but I was in at 2 pm and missed the deadline for the next day.

Has anyone heard of these two matters? I don't recall seeing them here so far.

I left it and got an 2018 XF loaner with 6,300 miles on it. It's interesting to see both the family resemblance and the differences between them. The gear shift is a large circular dial that recesses into the console until the power button is pushed, and then it rises for use. I thought that was cool. Other differences were the paddle shifters on the wheel, a powered steering wheel adjustment, and a classic powered sun roof with a sub-level powered screen.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
There are two other things they are directed to do.

One regards the charging port, but it's only a replacement sticker on the inside of the cover door.

The other is replacing the cable that opens the hood, and/or some pieces of the assembly. Whatever parts were necessary were not in stock and had a usual next day delivery, but I was in at 2 pm and missed the deadline for the next day.

Has anyone heard of these two matters? I don't recall seeing them here so far.
A couple of forum members had their hood cables replaced and one was told by the service advisor that a recall was imminent. Not sure about the label inside the charge port but it could be related to the LED not lighting per the owners manual. Just a guess though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:20 AM

Both of these are on Topix. Not high on my list of things to get the car to the dealer for fixes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:01 PM

When I recently brought in the I-Pace for the regen brake recall, my dealer said they also needed to service the hood latch cable and replace/add the charge port info sticker. They didnt have the cable in stock, so had to order it, which meant they had to keep the I-Pace for an additional day. No biggie.

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:23 PM

The Charge Port label are instructions. Here is the snippet from Topix

A potential issue has been identified on certain Jaguar I-PACE vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where users may not be able to remove the charging cable from the vehicle. The Owner's Handbook and Workshop Manual did not adequately explain how to remove the charging cable from the vehicle. A new label will be installed to the charge port to make sure owners are aware of the correct procedure

Here is the snippet from Topix for the Hood Latch and Cable

A potential issue has been identified on certain Jaguar vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where the customer may not be able to close the hood and/or unable to lock the vehicle due to the hood state reporting as 'open' with the 'Hood Open' warning displayed on the Instrument Cluster (IC).

The fix replaces the right hood latch and then does realignment on the hood if needed.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page