Software update 19A and Creep Mode - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Software update 19A and Creep Mode

My car came home after receiving the infotainment (19A) and battery regen software updates. A number of members have commented that 19A has disabled creep mode and sure enough, it was not working on my drive home from the dealer. The option to select "On" or "Off" was grayed out in the My EV screen and neither were selectable. Later however, while waiting at a busy drive through restaurant I checked again to see if Creep could be selected and IT WAS! I selected "On" and the system worked just fine. Perhaps a second look would be useful for those with 19A and a broken creep. Software version is: S19A_19.20.4-363281

The new software is much, much better. Voice still lags but I can tell it to go to an address and it recognizes the command. Navigation is faster and the entire system boots faster after starting the vehicle. I haven't seen a down side yet but I think I just jinxed myself....
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
My car came home after receiving the infotainment (19A) and battery regen software updates. A number of members have commented that 19A has disabled creep mode and sure enough, it was not working on my drive home from the dealer. The option to select "On" or "Off" was grayed out in the My EV screen and neither were selectable. Later however, while waiting at a busy drive through restaurant I checked again to see if Creep could be selected and IT WAS! I selected "On" and the system worked just fine. Perhaps a second look would be useful for those with 19A and a broken creep. Software version is: S19A_19.20.4-363281

The new software is much, much better. Voice still lags but I can tell it to go to an address and it recognizes the command. Navigation is faster and the entire system boots faster after starting the vehicle. I haven't seen a down side yet but I think I just jinxed myself....[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]
For what it’s worth, it is only selectable when the car is stopped. It greys out under motion - at least previously that was one of the various, seemingly random functions which can only be changed while stopped
epirali and ryzvy like this.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
For what it’s worth, it is only selectable when the car is stopped. It greys out under motion - at least previously that was one of the various, seemingly random functions which can only be changed while stopped
I like that explanation better than flaws in the new software.

I picked up the car at 100% SoC and range prediction of 250 miles. Arrived home after 27 mile trip and GoM showing 225. Was better range part of the update or was the system reset and the numbers are inflated?

Last edited by 2761; 06-27-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I like that explanation better than flaws in the new software.

I picked up the car at 100% SoC and range prediction of 250 miles. Arrived home after 27 mile trip and GoM showing 225. Was better range part of the update or was the system reset and the numbers are inflated?
It would be hard to believe an infotainment software update would have any impact on fuel efficiency. I could see it with a battery control module/gateway control module/some other module update, but not infotainment.

Based on the recent TOPIX bulletin, it seemed to indicate range predictions are based on the last 11 hours of driving (plus whatever else is in the mix).
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

It would be hard to believe an infotainment software update would have any impact on fuel efficiency. I could see it with a battery control module/gateway control module/some other module update, but not infotainment.

Based on the recent TOPIX bulletin, it seemed to indicate range predictions are based on the last 11 hours of driving (plus whatever else is in the mix).
Perhaps something with the brake regeneration update plus the service department worked on the unexplained battery drainage problem. They never figured out the issue and their only advice was to lock the car even while in the garage to possibly shut down processes that might cause the drain. This seemed to work as the SoC is the same after 14 hours. I didn't receive a copy of the paperwork and they might have updated other systems.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Garage
I am not sure about any actual range impact, but I've gotta say that after the Regen+Gateway modules update the range prediction on my car has become vastly more accurate. For the past 4 of my trips (each about 35 mile-ish in mixed city/highway driving) the drop in range has been within one to two miles of the actual distance driven. This morning I actually drove 35.8 miles while the range dropped by only 33 miles.

One other thing I noticed was that after the update, high regen was available even at 100% SoC. My dealer has a DCFC on site and had fully charged my car before handing it back. When I turned it on the green marker on the left side of the dial that indicates level of available regen appeared for a brief second and then immediately disappeared. And when I drove I could actually feel normal levels of regen braking and not the reduced levels at near full SoC like I have experienced before. So maybe Jaguar is now allowing regen energy to charge the previously reserved portion of the battery so people don't get into trouble due to reduced regen at 100% SoC? Or maybe all this was yet another instance of flaky/inconsistent Jaguar software and next time I charge the car to 100% I will experience reduced regen like before
Calidave likes this.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019

Last edited by ryzvy; 06-27-2019 at 10:55 AM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Car was great for 30 hours and then the black-screen-of-death! Neither touchscreen works and toddler grandkids were in the car with limited temperature control. Last straw. Filing complaint with JLR and will blister this lemon on the advisory board. I don't want another car just my money. Unreliability with kids in the car is unacceptable especially for what we paid.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:20 PM

My software update was to a different 19A version performed on 6/3/19.

S19A_19.11.4-330884

With a charge to 100% I noticed the green regen limit bar on the left.
But the amount of regen feel was only mildly reduced.
Once the SOC reached 97% the green regen limit went away.
And regen felt normal.
McRat likes this.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
My software update was to a different 19A version performed on 6/3/19.

S19A_19.11.4-330884

With a charge to 100% I noticed the green regen limit bar on the left.
But the amount of regen feel was only mildly reduced.
Once the SOC reached 97% the green regen limit went away.
And regen felt normal.
I honestly pay zero attention to regen ‘feel’, so I cannot speak to what changes, if any there are. But I too noticed my 19A was different than Curt’s. It is the same as yours
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I don't want another car just my money.
That was fast, just a couple days ago you said if your car turns out to be a lemon you would just get another I-Pace because they are the best thing since sliced bread and the odds of getting two lemons is really low...

While I understand you are frustrated you now have the blank screens, you simply join many of us that have lived through the same issue. You are fortunate you only have the 1 problem and not the several that many of us have experienced. If JLR takes your car back because of this single issue they are opening themselves up to get A LOT of cars back and I will be at the front of that line...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page