7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I don't want another car just my money.
That was fast, just a couple days ago you said if your car turns out to be a lemon you would just get another I-Pace because they are the best thing since sliced bread and the odds of getting two lemons is really low...

While I understand you are frustrated you now have the blank screens, you simply join many of us that have lived through the same issue. You are fortunate you only have the 1 problem and not the several that many of us have experienced. If JLR takes your car back because of this single issue they are opening themselves up to get A LOT of cars back and I will be at the front of that line...
It's not one problem. It's 4 repairs in 6 weeks. My wife won't drive it because she's worried about the car breaking down and I won't transport the grandkids after a 93 degree day and limited climate control. It's our only car and we can't trust it.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Software update won't fix adaptive cruise control locking into vehicles in adjacent lanes and suddenly applying the brakes. Neither will it fix the blind spot monitoring not alerting until a car is well past the rear bumper. Safety is highly important to me and a new I-Pace will be just as bad.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Software update won't fix adaptive cruise control locking into vehicles in adjacent lanes and suddenly applying the brakes. Neither will it fix the blind spot monitoring not alerting until a car is well past the rear bumper. Safety is highly important to me and a new I-Pace will be just as bad.
Agreed about the safety part. I've had a lot of issues BUT not the ones you're describing (other than the blank screens but they always come back after rebooting). In 2-4 weeks, my I-Pace is supposed to be getting another bottom screen (of the Touch Pro Duo)...it will be the 2nd replacement since I took delivery 12/1/18...so the 3rd bottom screen. Apparently, they don't have it stock and it's on order.

While it's unacceptable, IMHO, I'm still not giving up yet on the I-Pace...although almost definitely will be trading it in 3 years for a Porsche or Audi EV.

BTW - I did notice that after bringing my I-Pace in for the brake regen recall s/w update and likely other s/w module updates (as I was told my my Jag SA that they do all s/w updates if possible when in for service) that the Navi and other Infotainment system controls do in fact seem to be quite faster than before...so that's a very good thing! In addition, I also noticed that the max range counter in the driver's screen (in front of the steering wheel) seems to be hanging right around 260-280mi. max range for the past few days of mostly city driving, and so far, it hasn't adjusted down to 220-234mi. like it used to. Not sure what's going on here...did one of the latest s/w updates actually make the vehicle more efficient with longer max battery range OR is it just more efficient in the way it tracks the mileage used vs. max battery range? Or, is it actually more deceiving now, inaccurately showing a much higher max battery mileage range?

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 06-28-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

It's not one problem. It's 4 repairs in 6 weeks. My wife won't drive it because she's worried about the car breaking down and I won't transport the grandkids after a 93 degree day and limited climate control. It's our only car and we can't trust it.
At least you had some climate control. When the warm temps arrived after the long, cold winter I discovered the AC was dead on my car (another problem that seems too common based on Forum/FB reports) Works great now.

What were the 4 repairs you’ve had done?

What is your build date and number of your car (last 5 of the vin)?

By the way, based on your IMC software version number, it appears your software is a slightly newer release than the one they gave me. When you bring the car back I would tell them you want a full complete update (30+ modules).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A961E2E3-2A76-45E6-A3B7-75EB2C4D2D57_1561778909489.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1997  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post

At least you had some climate control. When the warm temps arrived after the long, cold winter I discovered the AC was dead on my car (another problem that seems too common based on Forum/FB reports) Works great now.

What were the 4 repairs you’ve had done?

What is your build date and number of your car (last 5 of the vin)?

By the way, based on your IMC software version number, it appears your software is a slightly newer release than the one they gave me. When you bring the car back I would tell them you want a full complete update (30+ modules).
Thanks for the advice! I brought the car in today but will call them Monday with the request. I can't believe the issues your car has presented to you and the amount of time going to and from the dealership plus not being able to drive it. I do absolutely love the car and perhaps why I'm so disappointed. Repairs were for broken charge port locking mechanism, unexplained battery drainage, recall/infotainment system update and now inoperable touchscreens. I think the longest consecutive time the car has been home is 12 days. The car failed after only 24 hours from picking it up.

Another reason for pushing Jaguar to replace the car (I don't really think they'll do it) is to force them to simply communicate with me. I've been assigned a case manager who hasn't called or returned phone calls. The advisory board hasn't helped and not a single issue that I've posted has resulted in an email or phone call.

If it were just me, I'd live with the problems because the car is so phenomenal to drive. Toting grandkids and a wife who is afraid to drive changes everything. We'll see... If they can make the car reliable then I'll be the happiest person alive.

Build date: 73020.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! I brought the car in today but will call them Monday with the request. I can't believe the issues your car has presented to you and the amount of time going to and from the dealership plus not being able to drive it. I do absolutely love the car and perhaps why I'm so disappointed. Repairs were for broken charge port locking mechanism, unexplained battery drainage, recall/infotainment system update and now inoperable touchscreens. I think the longest consecutive time the car has been home is 12 days. The car failed after only 24 hours from picking it up.

Another reason for pushing Jaguar to replace the car (I don't really think they'll do it) is to force them to simply communicate with me. I've been assigned a case manager who hasn't called or returned phone calls. The advisory board hasn't helped and not a single issue that I've posted has resulted in an email or phone call.

If it were just me, I'd live with the problems because the car is so phenomenal to drive. Toting grandkids and a wife who is afraid to drive changes everything. We'll see... If they can make the car reliable then I'll be the happiest person alive.

Build date: 73020.
We have a few more issues than you do, currently, replacing the hood latch (per TSB) and rear gesture control, and dead climate screen. Now adding another 2 weeks and counting to our loss of use. I can not disclose more as we are taking steps for arbitration. They request we use BBB Autoline for this arbitration. I am certain the Jaguar customer service group monitors this site.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 PM

The lack of communication was something that really bothered me and something that helped me get things moving with my I-Pace replacement was notifying local news channel. I contacted Michael Finney ABC 7 on your side and gave them the story of what I went through. They represented me and contacted JLR and the dealership. Next thing you know my car was replaced. I have had successful use of BBB for other things, but never tried them for car issues like this.
ejbritto likes this.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
The lack of communication was something that really bothered me and something that helped me get things moving with my I-Pace replacement was notifying local news channel. I contacted Michael Finney ABC 7 on your side and gave them the story of what I went through. They represented me and contacted JLR and the dealership. Next thing you know my car was replaced. I have had successful use of BBB for other things, but never tried them for car issues like this.
I'm happy that Jaguar replaced your car. Get another I-Pace?

Bad publicity, especially for this particular car, will push Jaguar to replace unreliable cars. I've posted reviews on Cars.com, Edmunds and Facebook. I'll give JLR some time to make a decision before going to the press.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I'm happy that Jaguar replaced your car. Get another I-Pace?

Bad publicity, especially for this particular car, will push Jaguar to replace unreliable cars. I've posted reviews on Cars.com, Edmunds and Facebook. I'll give JLR some time to make a decision before going to the press.
I have been negotiating a replacement or buy back for the last month. Refer to my posts about the details. After JLR agreed to help with the transaction, last week, the dealer has been offering me a replacement with terrible numbers. I would be out of pocket for several thousand dollars! I refused the replacement and insisted on a complete buy back today. Will await their answer and keep the forum posted.
If this terrible service from JLR continues, we may have to think about a class action type of suit. Any takers?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Did you loose a lot of money on the deal? I am going through a similar problem and they offered me a replacement, but I had a trade in offer which was $17,000 less than my original cost! I will proceed with my attorney if they continue with this bull.
I have asked for a buy back and will follow the Lemon Law for NC.
If not I may go with a class action suit -- any takers on this forum?
If you can discuss this in confidence may be we can direct message.
Thanks for your help.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page