Autonomous Emergency Braking - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
I've had many warnings while accelerating out of my lane near the back of another car. I've had the brake boosting feature come on unnecessarily.
I have had the warning triangle in the display and chime while accelerating out of my lane near the back of another car, like jsimon7777 describes, but I thought that was "Forward Alert" and not AEB. Here is what the owner's manual says:

Forward alert monitors an area in front of the vehicle. The driver is warned if forward alert detects an object within the detection area. The instrument panel also displays a warning message if the vehicle is traveling between 18 mph (30 km/h) and 50 mph (80 km/h). The driver is responsible for taking appropriate action.

Three forward alert sensitivity settings are available:

Normal.

Medium.

High.

Warnings sound and the instrument panel displays a warning message if forward alert detects an object in front of the vehicle.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:31 PM

Apparently it's one of the worst in class for AEB. Maybe a software update will fix it?: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar183768.html. If you're above a 9.3 MPH snail's pace it won't even bother trying to stop. Jag needs to hire better programmers or maybe the I-pace needs CPU/GPU upgrade to do the math faster.
sciencegeek likes this.

Last edited by glennsmooth; 07-02-2019 at 09:34 PM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsmooth View Post
Apparently it's one of the worst in class for AEB. Maybe a software update will fix it?: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...-ar183768.html. If you're above a 9.3 MPH snail's pace it won't even bother trying to stop. Jag needs to hire better programmers or maybe the I-pace needs CPU/GPU upgrade to do the math faster.
They never do specify whether it was a prototype ECM car or a Production ECM car. It passed the real Euro AEB testing: https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/jaguar/i-pace/34193

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Here's the specifics of a detailed test in all areas:

OPPS site only takes tiny PDF's.

https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/51349...-datasheet.pdf
epirali likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 12:33 AM

While driving around today I got a message stating the AEB was unavailable. Not sure what that meant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190704_093540.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	2075  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
I love the I-pace and am looking to buy one, so I test drove one for two days and compared I-pace to my i8 and ELR. The I-pace AEB did not activate going about 40 mph so hit break and pulled to the side. ELR which is my daily car, activated the AEB in several high and low speed situations.

Note, the I-pace was dealer new and had no campaign applied to it. So it was factory default. I wonder if the break recall issue fixed this.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanM1 View Post
Quote:
I love the I-pace and am looking to buy one, so I test drove one for two days and compared I-pace to my i8 and ELR. The I-pace AEB did not activate going about 40 mph so hit break and pulled to the side. ELR which is my daily car, activated the AEB in several high and low speed situations.

Note, the I-pace was dealer new and had no campaign applied to it. So it was factory default. I wonder if the break recall issue fixed this.
In my experience, the JLR AEB is worse than any other car I’ve ever driven. In fact in >15,000 miles I’ve never had it activate...which is not even close to comparable to my experience with other vehicles. The good news is some cars I’ve driven seem to give ‘false positives’ meaning they activate way to soon or often, but I would rather have that than JLRs current state.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Mike kicked in yesterday and it was hair raising and very effective. traveling down a one way divided road at posted speed of 40 MPH in commuter traffic with a chevy SUF in front and a Metro Bus in back, both following distances were very close. Chevy in front slowed suddenly and immediately brakes engaged hard, I was already looking in the RV mirror at the time and was keenly aware of the proximity of the Bus. I had to press on the gas quickly to keep the bus from ending up sharing my front seat with me. The system works very well, but conditions need to be severe to engage it. don't tailgate people and it wont happen except in emergencies.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
In fact in >15,000 miles I’ve never had it activate
How many cars did you rear-end at high speed across those miles?
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkemp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
In fact in >15,000 miles I’ve never had it activate
How many cars did you rear-end at high speed across those miles?
Eighteen
kkemp and waja like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page