Driver side strut noise - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Driver side strut noise

Sorry for double post.

800+ miles and I’m sitting in waiting room of dealership. I was offered a loaner but they said if I could hold on for an hour or two they’d know more. Didn’t really want a loaner as I was hoping to drive iPace to beach. This would be my 3rd road trip that involved looking for charge stations. I’ve planned the trip and have it preloaded in Nav system. With all that said I’m here because of driver’s side strut noise when rolling over speed bumps. Someone mentioned a possible bulletin but service advisor didn’t show one. They did show an update for the temperature control. He said it would take an hour and advised to just wait for that.Ill let you know how it goes.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgroce View Post
Sorry for double post.

800+ miles and Iím sitting in waiting room of dealership. I was offered a loaner but they said if I could hold on for an hour or two theyíd know more. Didnít really want a loaner as I was hoping to drive iPace to beach. This would be my 3rd road trip that involved looking for charge stations. Iíve planned the trip and have it preloaded in Nav system. With all that said Iím here because of driverís side strut noise when rolling over speed bumps. Someone mentioned a possible bulletin but service advisor didnít show one. They did show an update for the temperature control. He said it would take an hour and advised to just wait for that.Ill let you know how it goes.
Yes, there is a technical service bulletin for it. Mine has the same problem and getting new front struts installed on the 21st. They have to order from UK; mine were ordered last week. I don't have TSB number or any reference for you. Tell them to reach out to the main office in NJ or they can call the dealership I go to; JLR Livermore, CA.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgroce View Post
Sorry for double post.

800+ miles and Iím sitting in waiting room of dealership. I was offered a loaner but they said if I could hold on for an hour or two theyíd know more. Didnít really want a loaner as I was hoping to drive iPace to beach. This would be my 3rd road trip that involved looking for charge stations. Iíve planned the trip and have it preloaded in Nav system. With all that said Iím here because of driverís side strut noise when rolling over speed bumps. Someone mentioned a possible bulletin but service advisor didnít show one. They did show an update for the temperature control. He said it would take an hour and advised to just wait for that.Ill let you know how it goes.
I cannot find my post on the issue, but others have posted about it as well, going back to early December. see attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipace issues.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1307  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I cannot find my post on the issue, but others have posted about it as well, going back to early December. see attached:
Whoa, where did you get that list of bulletins?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Whoa, where did you get that list of bulletins?
From this forum. I don’t recall who posted it, but it’s from late December
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Sorry again for the double post. But here is the dealers service ticket. The numbers donít match, but they are close. A little frustrating that if the strut problem was reported in December and I didnít take delivery until January 7th, that it wasnít resolved before hand off. It set down in port for a couple weeks while they replaced the seat sensor, but missed the strut change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EAA488A6-DCC0-452D-8D33-8EF626D5387A.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	1313  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page